Apache Tajo (Incubating)
Apache Tajo 0.2.0-incubating Released
Apache Tajo (incubating) 0.2 has been released
The Apache Tajo team is pleased to announce the release of Apache Tajo 0.2-incubating, a bid data warehouse system on Hadoop that provides low-latency and scalable ad-hoc queries and ETL on large-data sets stored on HDFS and other data sources.
This release is available for immediate download:
Apache Tajo 0.2-incubating resolved 193 issues including 73 bug fixes, 56 improvements and includes the following new features :
* Add cost-based join optimization
* Allow inline view use (i.e., table subquery)
* Add various string functions, such as upper, lower, (L|R)TRIM, split_part, and regexp_replace.
* Allow in predicate support
* Improve significantly scan performance
* Add INSERT OVERWRITE statement
* Add CREATE TABLE statement
* Add HiveQL mode
* Allow configurable NULL character for CSVFile format
* Allow compression/decompression of CSVFile (all codecs supported by Hadoop)
* Add the extensible rewrite rule engine
* Add tajo_dump, a backup and restore utility
* Allow BETWEEN predicate
* Add Tajo Resource Manager specialized for low-latency queries
The Apache Tajo team is looking for more developers and of course users to help grow the community and give feedback. Mailing list information is at:
Check Apache Tajo at http://tajo.incubator.apache.org for more information.
Apache Tajo is an effort undergoing incubation at The Apache Software Foundation (ASF) sponsored by the Apache Incubator PMC. Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects until a further review indicates that the infrastructure, communications, and decision making process have stabilized in a manner consistent with other successful ASF projects. While incubation status is not necessarily a reflection of the completeness or stability of the code, it does indicate that the project has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.