Announcing Phoenix 4.8 released
The Apache Phoenix team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of the 4.8.0 release. Apache Phoenix enables SQL-based OLTP and operational analytics for Hadoop using Apache HBase as its backing store and providing integration with other projects in the ecosystem such as Spark, Hive, Pig, Flume, and MapReduce. The 4.x releases are compatible with HBase 0.98/1.0/1.1/1.2.
Here are some of the highlights of the releases:
- Namespace support to map Phoenix schemas to HBase namespaces
- Hive integration for joining huge tables to other huge tables
- Local index improvements to have guaranteed colocation of table and index data
- View enhancements to allow dropping columns from base tables
- OFFSET support as an alternate mechanism to page through query results
- Optimize DISTINCT queries by pushing down seek logic to server
- Support for HBase 1.2
- 130+ bug fixes
Source and binary downloads are available here.