Announcing Phoenix 4.11 released
The Apache Phoenix team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of the 4.11.0 release. Apache Phoenix enables SQL-based OLTP and operational analytics for Apache Hadoop using Apache HBase as its backing store and providing integration with other projects in the Apache ecosystem such as Spark, Hive, Pig, Flume, and MapReduce. The 4.x releases are compatible with HBase 0.98/1.1/1.2/1.3.
Highlights of the release include:
- Support for HBase 1.3.1 and above
- Local index hardening and performance improvements
- Atomic update of data and local index rows (HBase 1.3 only)
- Use of snapshots for MR-based queries and async index building
- Support for forward moving cursors
- Chunk commit data based on byte size and row count
- Reduce load on region server hosting SYSTEM.CATALOG
- Implement FIRST_VALUES and LAST_VALUES aggregate functions
- 50+ bug fixes
Source and binary downloads are available here.