OpenMeetings v6.3.0 - Fixes and maintenance release including preparation for JDK17
The new version 6.3.0 includes a number of fixes, library updates and prepares for moving OpenMeetings to use JDK17. Currently it still compiles the server to be JRE 11 backwards compatible but you can obviously use JRE17 to run. But in future versions JRE17 will become mandatory. As well as Safari keeps on being an ongoing challenge with HTML5 and webRTC. Latest version 6.3.0 should provide some fixes.
Stability and UI improvements
- Multiple Whiteboard fixes
- Confirm popups are unified
- Multiple fixes for latest Safari
- Libraries are updated with most recent versions (e.g. logging)
Full ChangeLog is available from ChangeLog on Github
Downloads of v6.3.0 are available from openmeetings.apache.org/downloads.html
Posted at 05:44AM May 19, 2022 by Sebastian Wagner in General | |
OpenMeetings v6.2.0 - OpenAPI Swagger API, Node, PHP integration and Mobile version
OpenMeetings v6.2.0 improves the Mobile version of the conference client as well as ability to save to Home screen and start it more similar to a native Mobile app. Publishing video on a Mobile device requires iOS/Safari v15.x (current version) or Android/Chrome v85 or later (current is v95). Also v6.2.0 adds an Integration API in OpenAPI v3.x format and community sponsored integrations for Node.js and PHP/Composer modules. The Node and PHP modules enable integrating conference rooms in Node or PHP based websites or APIs. More information, sample use cases and links are available on the website, linked resources and the OpenMeetings Mobile wiki.[Read More]
Posted at 08:55PM Oct 25, 2021 by Sebastian Wagner in General | |
OpenMeetings v6.0.0 - Security and Performance, webRTC Stability and UI improvements
OpenMeetings v6.0.0 is the second major release since migrating all audio & video components to webRTC and HTML5. There are a number of fixes and improvements in Security as well as webRTC handling as part of this release.
New features available in v6.0.0:
Performance metrics using Prometheus and load tests
v6.0.0 introduces the ability to configure Prometheus metrics to be generated. The metrics are disabled by default. There is detailed documentation on how to configure and enable the export and what type of metrics are available - Prometheus+Logging+and+Metrics. You can find example for load tests and performance metrics using above statistics - Performance+Testing
UI partially migrated to build using NPM and dependency management
And there is a long list of improvements in v6.0.0:
- TLS1.2. is used for OAuth
- NetTest client count can be limited
- Captcha is now configurable
- Recordings can be globally disabled
- Audio/video in room is more stable
- Translations are improved
- Invitation form displays time in client time zone
- Notifications are displayed using JS Notification API
- Video pods size can be fixed and configurable per-user
Full ChangeLog is available from Github, downloads of v6.0.0 are available from openmeetings.apache.org/downloads.html
Posted at 07:36PM Mar 14, 2021 by Sebastian Wagner in General | |
OpenMeetings 5.0.0 release - Migration to HTML5 webRTC and Wicket 9.0.0
Posted at 04:46AM Aug 28, 2020 by Sebastian Wagner in General | |
OpenMeetings 3.2.1 available
Version 3.2.1 of OpenMeetings changes the UI to use a mixed mode HTML5 and is part of the roadmap to a full HTML5 Web-Conferencing client. The HTML5 implementation covers everything except the audio/video streaming. v3.2.1 improves some of the video streaming and document handling.[Read More]
Posted at 11:49PM Apr 05, 2017 by Sebastian Wagner in General | |
OpenMeetings 3.1.3 released
Release v3.1.3 contains 21 enhancements and fixes. The main improvement of this release is to fix the RTMP-Streaming over SSL in both possible modes. The two available modes are:
- Native RTMPs
- RTMP Tunnelled over HTTPS (which is similar to RTMPT)
We recommend that previous releases will be upgrade to this version.
Other fixes in this version concern localisation, backup/restore, screen-sharing and sending invitations to conference rooms.
For a complete list of changes, see: https://www.apache.org/dist/openmeetings/3.1.3/CHANGELOG
Downloads and documentation is available from our project website:
Posted at 07:23AM Oct 03, 2016 by Sebastian Wagner in General | |
OpenMeetings 3.1.2 released
Release v3.1.2 contains 55 enhancements and fixes and 1 patch for a security vulnerability.
Security Fix: CVE-2016-3089 - Apache OpenMeetings XSS in SWF panel
Other security relevant updates:
- XSS in Chat window leading to DOS
- MD5 should not be used for password encryption
- OpenMeetings is vulnerable to session fixation
- Private recording files were available to all users
Additionally a signed Screen-Sharing application with a valid certificate from the Apache Foundation is available since this release. Please update to this release from any previous OpenMeetings release. A detailed documentation on how to migration from older versions is available on the project website see: http://openmeetings.apache.org/Upgrade.html.
Other fixes in admin, localisation, installer, invitations, room etc.
For a complete list of changes, see: https://www.apache.org/dist/openmeetings/3.1.2/CHANGELOG
Downloads and documentation is available from our project website:
OpenMeetings modules are now also available individually as Maven dependencies, see: https://repository.apache.org/#nexus-search;quick~openmeetings
The sync to http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ should be available within the next 24hours.
Posted at 10:58PM Aug 12, 2016 by Sebastian Wagner in General | |
OpenMeetings 3.1.1 released
Release v3.1.1 contains 74 fixes, including improvements and new features. Most notably the migration to a new SOAP/REST API.
Additionally it contains 9 critical security fixes that have been privately shared via the Apache Software Foundation as security report.
Downloads and documentation is available from our project website http://openmeetings.apache.org/downloads.html
For a full list of all delivered enhancements please see our Jira list:
Posted at 08:02PM Mar 31, 2016 by Sebastian Wagner in General | |
Apache OpenMeetings 3.0.3 announced
The OpenMeetings PMC announced the 3rd minor release of the 3.0 version of the Web-Conferencing application. Apache OpenMeetings 3.0.3 addresses 50+ issues. One main focus was resolving stability issues of the screen recording feature. It is now a requirement for the (Apache Tomcat) server, as well as for clients that want to use the screen sharing capabilities to have Java7 installed. Further bugs have been fixed around OAuth, LDAP integration and the command line installer, ( see full Changelog ).
Latest versions to download:
Exciting new feature of version 3 of OpenMeetings is the usage of Apache Wicket for the UI. Since version 3.0.0 OpenMeetings is a HTML5 and Flash hybrid. Some of the real time communication has been migrated to HTML5. But most of the real-time communication remains to be handled in RTMP (Flash Streaming). The next version 3.1 reduces the usage of Flash further to only the video streaming components using Apache Flex.
Further the project is using now a Modular Maven build process including the generating of the project website.
Posted at 08:15AM Sep 08, 2014 by Sebastian Wagner in General | |
Apache Openmeetings 2.2.0 released
The Apache Openmeetings PMC is proud to announce Apache Openmeetings 2.2.0!
This is a bug fix release for version 2.1.1
Please download and build the distribution yourself or use one of the binary packages
RTMPS (Flash streaming over SSL) seems to be very unstable (contact the dev list for more information)
List of bugfixes and enhancements:
Posted at 08:51PM Dec 14, 2013 by Sebastian Wagner in General | |
Apache OpenMeetings 2.1.1 in Azure VMDepot
Azure is Microsofts Cloud based service, similar to Amazon or the great Apache Cloudstack. Microsoft Open Technologies provides a VMDepot for sharing images for Azure. Which is great cause it can save you quite a bit of time!
The OpenMeetings project made version v2.1.1 of Apache OpenMeetings available at VMDepot:
For anyone not familiar with Azure those are step by step instructions on how to get your copy of the VM running:
1) Login your Azure admin panel at https://manage.windowsazure.com
2) Browse the public VMs and select the OpenMeetings image
3) Add the ports 1935 (RTMP), 5080 (HTTP) and 22 (SSH) to the endpoint config
Then start the VM and goto the URL: $VM_URL:5080/openmeetings
The passwords are:
MySQL root: root
Great work Maxim and Vasiliy !
Posted at 04:38AM Oct 05, 2013 by Sebastian Wagner in General | |
Apache Openmeetings 2.1.1 released
The Apache Openmeetings PMC is proud to announce Apache Openmeetings 2.1.1!
This is a bug fix release for the 2.1.x tree and the second release as Top Level Apache Project!
Please download and build the distribution yourself, or use our convenience binary package
- Sources: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/openmeetings/2.1.1/src
- Binaries: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/openmeetings/2.1.1/bin
Or in general see: http://openmeetings.apache.org/downloads.html
Release Notes 2.1.1
Summary: Bug fix release for 2.1.0.
This release includes some improvements in user interface, fixes for the interview and video only rooms, and localization issues. Configurable hot key for Mute/Unmute have been added.
- Note: Video/audio SIP integration is not a part of the Apache project, check the red5sip project for this integration.
- Issues with Recordigs that are longer then 1 hour under some circumstances https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENMEETINGS-669
- Some issue reported with recent version of Adobe Flash Plugin https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=885188
- Multi-tabbing issues with Flash Player on Linux
Bugs solved in that release
- [OPENMEETINGS-218] - Microphone doesn't work after clicking «unmute microphone» button
- [OPENMEETINGS-405] - microphoneRateNormal & microphoneRateBest - not change rate
- [OPENMEETINGS-432] - video only room is coming with white board also
- [OPENMEETINGS-439] - An LDAP user can't change their own profile picture.
- [OPENMEETINGS-481] - When I reserve a room by sending an email, users who connected to this link from an email have the same email address as me
- [OPENMEETINGS-486] - Sometimes OM stops responding to clicks
- [OPENMEETINGS-503] - Openmeetings does not logout on the Recording panel
- [OPENMEETINGS-507] - Error message is shown when user save the Profile settings
- [OPENMEETINGS-537] - Pop menu in conference for files shows "Delete folder"
- [OPENMEETINGS-544] - some bug with SIP
- [OPENMEETINGS-579] - In any room not close the video and audio settings windows. Video is not broadcasting.
- [OPENMEETINGS-586] - FileItem owner_id is not replaced with new id while system import
- [OPENMEETINGS-587] - Exclusive audio by hotkey is broken
- [OPENMEETINGS-598] - dont build trunk on JDK 1.7 x64
- [OPENMEETINGS-608] - Office file are uploaded but not displayed
- [OPENMEETINGS-609] - The end time shown under the Book Conference Room option in New Message is Incorrect
- [OPENMEETINGS-618] - Incorrect translation
- [OPENMEETINGS-625] - Profile Pictures not working on LDAP Accounts
- [OPENMEETINGS-634] - No menu accessable after file upload, in a special condition
- [OPENMEETINGS-635] - Administration / Configuration : default_lang_id documentation
- [OPENMEETINGS-654] - Interview room is broken
- [OPENMEETINGS-670] - The webinar is already closed, you wil be rediredcted to some interesting offerings in X sek
- [OPENMEETINGS-672] - in recordings page ,people cant logout
- [OPENMEETINGS-687] - Microphone is unmuted when user refresh video frame
- [OPENMEETINGS-589] - Configurable hot key for Mute/Unmute should be added
Posted at 07:42AM Jul 12, 2013 by Sebastian Wagner in General | |
OpenMeetings on the road to graduate from Incubator
We are happy to announce that the vote was successful to graduate OpenMeetings from the Incubator,
the result of the vote can be seen here http://markmail.org/message/zlu2jc23ls4hopjo.
The next Board meeting will be at the 19th December of 2012, we will submit our resolution and hopefully the Board will follow the recommendation from the Incubator to establish Apache OpenMeetings as top level project!
However, as we are still an Incubator project we did submit also a quarterly update of our project.
Project and community status:
- A testing application for AEC (Acoustic Echo Cancellation, build into Flash Player 11.2) was implemented and is in review http://markmail.org/message/g2zdwuruu7vuizvg
- A new clustering of OpenMeetings will be available with the next release of the 2.x tree, we have been discussing some approaches, see http://markmail.org/message/jvkawqwqrpajk2qo and working on the implementation
- Plugins are now hosted at apche-extras.org, index of plugins: http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/hosting/search?q=openmeetings
- A fast feather track was presented at the ApacheCon EU: https://blogs.apache.org/openmeetings/entry/openmeetings_apachecon_presentation_slide
Posted at 01:53AM Dec 07, 2012 by Sebastian Wagner in General | |