Entries tagged [ofbiz]
Omnichannel Orders - Does your system support it?
Omnichannel Orders - Does your system support it?Omnichannel is a business model that is focussed on increasing customer experience. Apache OFBiz makes use of the Omnichannel concept as part of its standard functionality i.e. it provides a type of retail solution that integrates the different shopping methods made available to consumers (e.g. online, in a physical shop, or by phone). Omnichannel Order Management Systems (OMS) enables retail businesses to go that extra mile to seamlessly cater for their customer expectations. In this article, we will talk about Omnichannel order management system capabilities, its importance and the main things to look for when you want to improve the way that your customer orders products from you.
How Important Is It?Today, every retailer with a presence on the internet wants to make use of online orders. But, is it enough to just to empower your customers to place orders through your company website (i.e. eCommerce Store) ? As you start taking orders online, you will find that there are many other additional challenges that come along the way. e.g changes to customer orders, requirements changes and how do you manage returns or refunds etc. All of these things need to be considered and managed. Generally, tasks like these are done by a Customer Service Representative (CSR). A CSR is someone who is familiar with the the backend application being used and is also the main contact with the customer regarding any order problems. Customer satisfaction is always the topmost priority for any business so knowing your customer and having their profile and order history handy can really help the CSR to make decisions based on any specific business rules or guidelines.
How Can It Make Your Employees and Customers Happy?Your customers want to have a seamless experience when they visit your e-Commerce store, and the list below contains some of the important points to include or incorporate. Does your existing software have these backend abilities to -
- search and view orders from customers
- make changes to the order for item quantity or any other details
- fulfill the orders and keep track of it
- manage returns and refunds
- review customer profile
- review customer purchase history
- take orders by phone, email or through any other channel
- keep track of inventory
- order Online/Pickup In-Store/Return In-Store
Omnichannel and Apache OFBizApache OFBiz is an open source product for the automation of enterprise processes and includes these core Omnichannel order management capabilities. If you have a software system which actually provides you with most of the core functionality that you are looking for and is easily customizable/extendable/expandable then it makes your job a lot easier. OFBiz has a proven track record of serving many Business to Consumer (B2C) implementations, please check here for details Apache OFBiz User List If you want to explore possibilities with OFBiz as a solution evaluator or developer then please refer to the OFBiz blog post - Apache OFBiz - How and where to start? In future posts, we'll take each of the Omnichannel OMS capabilities in turn and walk through the processes and the support OFBiz offers. Thanks for taking the time to read this post and please feel free to provide your comments and feedback. This blog post was written by Pranay Pandey Apache OFBiz Committer.
Apache OFBiz News - January 2016
Apache OFBiz News January 2016Happy New Year! We have a double set of news this month covering both December and January, including our Apache birthday, details about our Community Day, FOSDEM and the very sad news of the death of Adrian Crum, a key member of our community.
Happy Birthday Apache OFBiz !In December OFBiz celebrated it's 9th Apache birthday. On 20th December 2006, OFBiz graduated from incubation and became an Apache Top Level Project. Since then the project has continued to grow and develop. The project now has 30 committers and very active mailing lists for users and developers.Over the 9 years the project has released a range of OFBiz versions from versions 4.0 through to 13.07 and is currently preparing for the next release.
December Community DayOur final Community Day for 2015 was held on 19th December. Although close to the festive season, community members still gave up some of their time to collaborate and work on the project. The key tasks were working through the list of task we have open on Jira and applying previously submitted patches. A big thank you goes out to all those who partcipated and a total 13 issues were closed. Our Community Days have been very popular so we have decided to continue them for 2016. Dates have been set as : Q1 - Saturday 19th March 2016 Q2 - Saturday 18th June 2016 Q3 - Saturday 17th September 2016 Q4 - Saturday 17th December 2016 Please add them to your diary if you are interested in participating.
Adrian CrumOn 1st January 2016, OFBiz Committer and ex PMC member Adrian Crum passed away. His loss is strongly felt within the community and we have had many messages of sympathy and support. Adrian joined the OFBiz project during the incubation phase and in 2007 was invited to become a committer. Later that year Adrian joined the OFBiz PMC and participated until June 2014. Over the years Adrian contributed around 5,000 postings to the mailing lists, over 2,300 issues and comments to issues and over 2,000 commits. Adrian also adopted the abandoned Apache Commons Convert project in April 2010, and made it the home of a Java data-type conversion framework he developed for Apache OFBiz. The project has setup a memorial page for the community to share their stories, and experiences of Adrian. The community has also decided to dedicate our next OFBiz release to him. The whole OFBiz Community sends its condolences to Adrian's family and friends.
FOSDEM 2016During January, some of our OFBiz community members attended FOSDEM, an open source conference for developers. It was held in Brussels and OFBiz community members from France, The Netherlands, Czech Republic and Belgium came along for conference as well as an informal meetup. The project was allocated a timeslot on the ASF booth to promote OFBiz. With reportedly over 7000 attendees, there were lots of presentations, tutorials and devrooms to choose from. The ASF is planning to have a regular presence at FOSDEM in the future, so it is hoped that we can repeat the meetup and project promotion next year. Please see below for the list of January changes for the OFBiz project.
New Features and ImprovementsFunctional enhancements and improvements as well as updates of third party libraries and source code refactoring:
- Added session tracking mode and make cookie secure for scrum, solr, and some special purposes components (OFBIZ-6655)
- Add getFieldList method to EntityQuery (OFBIZ-6848)
- Converted simple CRUD services to entity-auto for
- PartyContent and CommunicationEventPurpose (OFBIZ-6850)
- TaxAuthority, TaxAuthorityAssoc, TaxAuthorityCategory (without remove), TaxAuthorityGlAccount, TaxAuthorityRateProduct (OFBIZ-6851), also moved the permission check to the service definition.
- CreditCardTypeGlAccount (OFBIZ-6852), also converted updatePaymentMethodType and removePaymentContent service (OFBIZ-6853)
- SalesOpportunity and SalesForecastDetail
- several Order entities (OFBIZ-6854)
- AgreementItemAttribute (OFBIZ-6857)
- Contact Mech Translation in Facility Application (OFBIZ-6856)
- Add the possibility to set a blackout period for job manager service (OFBIZ-6790). During this time all async and scheduled service are put on hold.
Adds the following
- an entity JobManagerLock
- a new screen to add/edit job manager lock
- an information for end user on FindJob and ScheduleJob screen.
BugfixesFunctional and technical bugfixes:
- When OFbiz reloads crashed jobs on startup, replay the crashed jobs only once. Remove all temporal information to ensure that the new job doesn't create any reccurent schedule that duplicates the origin job's configuration (OFBIZ-6784)
- Sales opportunity creation: required-field removed, disturbed the form submission, entityone no value field, error in the log
- Various fixes to the salesopportunity list and create functions
- Correct the service CommunicationServices.createAttachmentContent that duplicates attachments for existing CommunicationEvents (OFBIZ-6697)
- Small typo in ecommerce productdetail.ftl would prevent similar products by feature from rendering if the related functionality is enabled in ProductDetailgroovy (OFBIZ-6797)
- Fixes an issue related to r1715960 and (OFBIZ-6745)
- Broken filter links if using ecommerce Layered Navigation (OFBIZ-6798)
- Exception when sending an order confirmation email (OFBIZ-6792)
- Error occur when create Lead/Contact from Vcard (OFBIZ-6795)
- Error when accessing /webtools/control/entitymain (OFBIZ-6707 and OFBIZ-6786)
- Missing parameters when calling the link from a form because they're passed in the url and not with the jquery data set (OFBIZ-6803)
- ChartOfAccounts.fo.ftl still using the removed (in r1530274) postedBalance field results in system throwing an exception while accessing COA pdf (OFBIZ-6799)
- There's no attribute "align" for tag "<fo:block>", must change to "text-align" (OFBIZ-6800)
- Image management cannot share images (OFBIZ-6789)
- Fix permissions at specialpurpose/myportal/widget/PortalAdmScreens.xml (OFBIZ-6400)
- Order Item with multiple qty reserved with multiple inventory item not correctly recorded into Shipment_Item_Billing (OFBIZ-6806)
- Session already invalidated on destroyCart for anonymous userLogin (OFBIZ-6805)
- Tooltip Calendar field (date or date-time) should not stop when using tab key (OFBIZ-6735)
- The GL account for USA_IRS is set to 224106 (SALES TAX COLLECTED USA - CA) should be 224100 (SALES TAX COLLECTED USA) (OFBIZ-6753)
- The passport component misses a web.xml file (OFBIZ-6809)
- Fixed stack trace on configproductdetail.ftl, Used correct method to get INSTRUCTIONS from ProductConfigItemContentWrapper.
- ProjectMgr: GanttChart fails in case of dependencies for tasks (OFBIZ-6842)
- In DemoTaxAuthority.xml the associated countrycode for Bulgaria is wrong (OFBIZ-6844)
- Temporary fix for "UtilXml.LocalResolver.resolveEntity] could not find LOCAL DTD/Schema with publicId [null] and the file/resource is [web-app_3_0.xsd]" (OFBIZ-6807)
- Various fixes related with sales opportunity (OFBIZ-6791)
- Error on the Split Payment button from the Quick Finalize Order screen (OFBIZ-6743)
- Added wiki documentation regarding the Apache Solr component (OFBIZ-6592)
Apache OFBiz News - October 2015
We had a full track and some interesting meetings at ApacheCon Core 2015 in Budapest, there's an active discussion and conceptual work on a framework rewrite and there were several bugfixes and improvements in the last month.[Read More]
Apache OFBiz 13.07.02 Released
The Apache OFBiz community is pleased to announce the new release "Apache OFBiz 13.07.02".
Apache OFBiz™ is an open source product for the automation of enterprise processes that includes framework components and business applications for ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning), CRM (Customer Relationship Management), E-Business / E-Commerce, SCM (Supply Chain Management), MRP (Manufacturing Resource Planning), MMS/EAM (Maintenance Management System/Enterprise Asset Management), POS (Point Of Sale). Visit the OFBiz website for more details.
"Apache OFBiz 13.07.02" is a bug fix release for the 13.07 series; all users of "Apache OFBiz 13.07.01" are encouraged to upgrade to this latest release because the new release contains several bug fixes and improvements; release notes are available here: Release Notes - 13.07.02
The release file can be downloaded following the instructions in the OFBiz download page: Download - 13.07.02
The OFBiz Team.