Apache OFBiz News - April 2021
Apache OFBiz News April 2021
Welcome to our regular monthly round-up of OFBiz news. This month we have news about the new release, new contributors, and ongoing effort to improve REST support along with the usual list of features, improvements, and Statistics.
Apache OFBiz 17.12.07 Released!
During this month the community announced the release of 17.12.07.
The new release consolidates all work done since the previous release in March 2021.
The release file can be downloaded following the instructions on the Downloads page:
Please refer to the Release Notes for more details of the changes introduced with this new version:
Please note that a security vulnerability has been reported for the previous releases. It is highly recommended that you upgrade to the 17.12.07 release to mitigate this vulnerability.
Refer following links to know more about security vulnerabilities:
Ongoing efforts to improve REST support
During this month, the community had various discussions and efforts towards improving the REST support for the OFBiz.
Here are the links to the active tickets with discussion and efforts:
New Response Filter/Interceptor for REST-Api calls resolving CORS issues
Separate login service for API calls
Here is the link to the umbrella ticket for all the efforts related to REST:
Add JAX-RS capabilities (Jersey)
Thanks to Girish Vasmatkar, Alexander Gepting, and to everyone who contributed to these efforts.
New ContributorsDuring this month, we have 3 new contributors joining the community. We would like to welcome Alexis Tadifo, Anibal Morales Soto, and Sumiti Joshi into the community and look forward to a deeper collaboration with them.
Apache Kibble tracks some Apache OFBiz community statistics on its demo instance, so we have highlighted a few of our stats for the last month:
- Code Change and Commit Activity:
- Framework: 28 commits to the code base that changed 2,395 lines of code ( 2 committers were active)
- Plugins: 2 commits to the code base that changed 104 lines of code ( 1 committer was active)
- Mailing Lists:
- Dev: 28 emails sent and 11 topics discussed ( 12 different people)
- User: 82 emails sent and 24 topics discussed ( 23 different people)
New features and improvementsFunctional enhancements and improvements as well as updates of third party libraries and source code refactoring:
- Improves ObjectInputStream denyList (OFBIZ-12221)
- Replaces Bintray by a new place to upload the Gradle Wrapper (OFBIZ-12192)
- Adds new party while placing quotes (OFBIZ-7456) (#294)
- Adds CORS filter for the rest-api (OFBIZ-12220).
BugfixesFunctional and technical bugfixes:
- Fixes: Induction from DB does not represent relations properly (#290) (OFBIZ-12178)
- Fixes: Service calls of "createPartyContactMech" now include the needed contactMechTypeId (OFBIZ-12175) (#292)
- Fixes: Error while deleting a Facility because of an existing FacilityLocationGeoPoint (#291) (GitHub Link)
- Secure the uploads (OFBIZ-12080)
- Fixes: Order processing issue for dropship only products (OFBIZ-12068)
Posted at 04:48AM May 13, 2021 by Aditya Sharma in General | |