Entries tagged [java]
NetBeans 11.3 is Shaping up Nicely
One month has passed since NetBeans 11.2 had been released. There are 82 new PR-s made it to the master branch so far. We usually have a, not necessary intentional, "theme" for each release. I'd say the theme is for 11.3 is: "Remove the Rust".
Our code and libraries spent long time in the transit. Many of our modules were still compiling against Java 1.6 and/or used ancient versions of third party libraries. 11.3 improved a lot on this front and there are still many PR are in the queue to carry that on.
Without trying to be complete, here is a small list of changes what's coming:
- Jgit Library Update
- ASM, PostgreSQL, JUnit5 and Other Library Updates.
- PHP Fixes
- HTML Lexer Stability Improvements
- JSF 2.3 Support
- Gradle Tooling 6.0
- Several Cleanups, Remove Compile Warnings
On the UI Side:
- Return of Dark Metal and Dark Nimbus Look and Feel
- Experimental support for Flatlaf Look and Feel
On Gradle Side:
- Test Output is Channeled Back to the IDE
- Added Project Reload Action
- Elephant Icons Finally Replace the old Ones
Posted at 10:51PM Nov 30, 2019 by lkishalmi in General | |
Master Your Scripting Skills with the New Tutorial!
- Get started
- Guest language "Hello World!"
- It's a polyglot world
- Add a language
- Cast Array to List
- Call guest language functions from Java
- Call multiple guest language functions with shared state from Java
- Access guest language classes from Java
- Access guest language data structures from Java
- Access Java from guest languages
Read more in the online tutorial.