NetBeans 11.3 is Shaping up Nicely
One month has passed since NetBeans 11.2 had been released. There are 82 new PR-s made it to the master branch so far. We usually have a, not necessary intentional, "theme" for each release. I'd say the theme is for 11.3 is: "Remove the Rust".
Our code and libraries spent long time in the transit. Many of our modules were still compiling against Java 1.6 and/or used ancient versions of third party libraries. 11.3 improved a lot on this front and there are still many PR are in the queue to carry that on.
Without trying to be complete, here is a small list of changes what's coming:
- Jgit Library Update
- ASM, PostgreSQL, JUnit5 and Other Library Updates.
- PHP Fixes
- HTML Lexer Stability Improvements
- JSF 2.3 Support
- Gradle Tooling 6.0
- Several Cleanups, Remove Compile Warnings
On the UI Side:
- Return of Dark Metal and Dark Nimbus Look and Feel
- Experimental support for Flatlaf Look and Feel
On Gradle Side:
- Test Output is Channeled Back to the IDE
- Added Project Reload Action
- Elephant Icons Finally Replace the old Ones
Posted at 10:51PM Nov 30, 2019 by lkishalmi in General | |
[ANNOUNCE] Apache NetBeans 11.2 Released
Apache NetBeans 11.2 is the second Apache NetBeans release outside the Apache Incubator and the second release of the new quarterly release cycle. The LTS release of the Apache NetBeans 11 cycle is Apache NetBeans 11.0. The 11.2 release has not been as heavily tested as the LTS release. Use 11.2 to access the latest features and to provide feedback for the next LTS release, scheduled for April 2020.
New & noteworthy features of the 11.2 release:
Feel free to share the good news!
Posted at 01:30PM Nov 01, 2019 by Geertjan in General | |