Apache NetBeans (Incubating)
[ANNOUNCE] Apache NetBeans (incubating) 9.0 RC1 released
The Apache NetBeans team is proud to announce the release of Apache NetBeans (incubating) 9.0 RC1.
Apache NetBeans (incubating) 9.0 RC1 constitutes all the modules in the 'release90' branch of the Apache NetBeans Git repo (https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans), which together provide the NetBeans Platform (i.e., the underlying application framework), which was released as Apache NetBeans 9.0 Alpha (incubating), as well as all the modules that provide the Java SE-related features of Apache NetBeans. In short, Apache NetBeans (incubating) 9.0 RC1 is a full IDE for Java SE development.
Get it and read more on our download page:
Details on Apache NetBeans (incubating) 9.0 RC1, including a list of open issues to be resolved prior to the final release:
What must be done for the final version of Apache NetBeans (incubating) 9.0 to be released?
1. The items in the link above need to be fixed, e.g, new splash screen needs to be integrated.
2. Cherry picking of pull requests merged into 'main' for 'release90' branch.
3. Put together rc2 release, sanity test it via NetCAT, and publish it.
4. Community Acceptance survey.
5. Start Apache voting for the final release, incorporating input from the Community Acceptance survey.
6. Release 9.0, which will be an IDE for Java SE development only, the other features have not been donated yet by Oracle and are being audited and processed and be part of subsequent releases of Apache NetBeans.
Take note of the Apache NetBeans release criteria:
Work is being done on bringing netbeans.org to Apache. We already have our Apache site set up, here:
On behalf of the Apache NetBeans PPMC