The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Apache Maven Compiler Plugin, version 3.8.0.
The Compiler Plugin is used to compile the sources of your project.
Important Notes since Version 3.8.0
- The default value for source/target has been lifted from 1.5 to 1.6 see MCOMPILER-335.
You should specify the version in your project’s plugin configuration:
1 2 3 4 5
- MCOMPILER-311 – NPE when —patch-module is used
- MCOMPILER-321 – Problematic Java 9 modules are silently ignored
- MCOMPILER-332 – Java 10 not supported
- MCOMPILER-338 – Build Issue based on MCOMPILER-192 IT
- MCOMPILER-342 – Unsupported class file major version 55
- MCOMPILER-343 – Tests fail to compile in modularized project due to wrong module descriptor path being passed to plexus-java
- MCOMPILER-313 – Support mrjar dependency with module descriptor only in META-INF/versions/x
- MCOMPILER-323 – Support multi-release jars
- MCOMPILER-335 – Update default source/target from 1.5 to 1.6
- MCOMPILER-341 – Compile module-info.java files located in test sources
- MCOMPILER-336 – Dependency that should be on modulepath sometime put on classpath
- MCOMPILER-344 – Deprecate flag
- MCOMPILER-350 – Add GitHub Documentation
- MCOMPILER-324 – Upgrade parent to 31
- MCOMPILER-351 – Upgrade maven-plugins parent to version 32
- MCOMPILER-352 – Upgrade maven-shared-utils to 3.2.1
- MCOMPILER-353 – Upgrade plexus-compiler to 2.8.4
-The Apache Maven team