Apache Logging Services
log4j 2 is on the main trunk
After 2 years of experimental development the Apache Logging project has moved the log4j 2.0 code to the main trunk of log4j. You can find the code at
Log4j 2.0 supports Java 5.0 and has many interesting features including:
- Support for using the SLF4J or Commons Logging APIs
- Configuration via JSON (as well as XML)
- Automatic reloading of configurations without losing logging events
- Plugin architecture that allows new components to easily be added
- Allows variables from System Properties, MDC, Log event data, and more to be accessed in the configuration
Your help would be greatly appreciated! Please provide feedback, suggestions and questions to email@example.com.
Patches, enhancement requests and bugs can be reported to: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2
A website is prepared but has not been deployed to logging.apache.org yet. Ralph Goers, who initiated the work on Log4j2, has uploaded a preview at
Your Logging team
Apache log4php 2.2.1 released
The Apache log4php team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
This is a maintenance release which fixes several important bugs and
features yet another update to the web site design.
The full changelog can be found at:
The release is available from:
Thanks to everyone who participated in the making of this release.
The Apache log4php team