Entries tagged [event]
Monday July 28, 2014
[ANN] Apache Isis version 1.6.0 Released
The Isis team is pleased to announce the release of:
* Apache Isis Core version 1.6.0
* Wicket Viewer 1.6.0
* TodoApp Archetype 1.6.0
* SimpleApp Archetype 1.6.0
* Isis Core now incorporates the JDO Objectstore, Restful Objects Viewer and Shiro Security (all previously released as separate components).
* TodoApp Archetype was previously the 'Quickstart (Wicket/Restful/JDO) archetype'
* SimpleApp Archetype was previously the 'Simple (Wicket/Restful/JDO) archetype'
New and noteworthy
New features in this release include:
* Extend (custom) EventBus vetoing logic so that can also encompass hide, disable, validate (ISIS-831)
* @DomainService annotation to automatically discover and register domains (ISIS-493)
* Wicket viewer: Add edit capability to view objects (ISIS-781)
* Wicket viewer: Wizard-like form for Wicket viewer (ISIS-800, ISIS-810)
* Move jdo, shiro and restful into core (ISIS-832)
* Break out applib and JDO services into modules (ISIS-833)
* Mock out individual domain services in integration tests (ISIS-813)
* contributed properties and collections only for service actions with safe semantics (ISIS-801)
* Wicket viewer: Internationalization of UI elements (edit, ok, cancel, logout, about) (ISIS-815)
Notable bug fixes include:
* lifecycle callbacks now all fire correctly (ISIS-796)
* Restful objects decodes json request body while this is not (ISIS-797)
* Isis 1.5 blob mapping broken for PostgreSQL (when set to null) (ISIS-812)
* wrapSkipRules does not execute action due to being hidden (ISIS-818)
* Precision gets lost when double values are use in BigDecimal attributes (ISIS-821)
* In Wicket viewer, forms not flushing properties when annotated with JDO @NotPersistent. (ISIS-837)
Full release notes are available at [1,2,3,4] on the Isis website.
You can access this release directly from the Maven central repo , download the release and build it from source , or start a new app using either of the archetypes [7,8].
Similar to the way in which Apache Wicket has an additional "wicketstuff" website , we have now set up a new companion website, www.isisaddons.org . The intention is for this site to house various third-party extensions to Isis, such that they can either be used "out-of-the-box", or be forked and extended as need be.
Currently Isis add-ons fall into two categories:
* modules... these provide business functionality to be incorporated directly into your domain object model, usually as domain services, occasionally with supporting entities. Examples include mail merge, spreadsheets, tags/labels.
* wicket extensions ... these extend the capability of the Wicket viewer, eg maps, calendars, charts.
In the future we expect to add in "metamodel" category for customizations to Isis' metamodel, eg an extension to leverage various Java 8 reflection features which we don't want to roll into Isis core just yet.
The intention is for all modules in www.isisaddons.org to follow a standard format, and include full unit and integration testing. Thus, if you want to fork and extend any given module, then there is a solid base to start from. Over time we hope that the "modules" in particular will provide a useful catalog to help bootstrap Isis development, and provide a way for the community to contribute back their own functionality as modules.
We are also considering moving some of Isis' own modules (ie those recently factored out, such as for auditing, command, publishing etc) into www.isisaddons.org. Doing so will reduce the size of Isis itself while making it possible for these components to be more easily extended/adapted by the user community as need be. We will certainly take a *copy* of these modules in the first instance.
Migration from previous versions
Note that some Maven modules have been renamed, added or removed. While every effort has been made to minimize impact (in particular: no classes have been deleted or have changed their package), there are necessarily some changes that must be made to existing application pom.xml files.
For full details of migrating an existing Isis application to 1.6.0, please see .
--The Isis team
Posted at 06:19PM Jul 28, 2014 by danhaywood in Announcements | |