[ANN] Apache Isis version 2.0.0-M3 Released
After a *lot* of development effort, the Apache Isis committers are delighted to announce the release of v2.0.0-M3 of the framework.
This is a major milestone release that "re-platforms" Apache Isis so that it now runs on top of Spring Boot 2.x. JDK8 is the minimum. Some highlights:
- A new convenience parent pom builds on top of Spring Boot’s similar parent pom, to make it easy to develop new apps, along with simplified "mavendeps" pom’s.
- The Maven archetypes have been replaced with Starter Apps in github repos.
- Configuration properties have been refactored, and can now be specified (with intellisense hints) using Spring’s application.properties or application.yml
- a new @Property#projecting allows view model summaries to be returned as "projections" of underlying entities.
- new layout() method (or UI event) allows a domain object to specify which layout file should be used to render it.
- there is no longer any need to specify @ParameterLayout#named()
- there is now a security integration with Keycloak
There are also a number of new extensions:
- Flyway (integrating with Spring Boot’s support)
- pdf.js (for Wicket viewer)
- fullcalendar (for Wicket viewer)
- excel download (for Wicket viewer)
Other improvements include:
- Integration test support, and BDD (Cucumber) "spec" support have been refactored to run on Spring Boot with Junit 5.
- New demo app to demonstrate new features.
- New smoketest app to catch regressions
Finally, the website has been updated to use Antora.
Full release notes are available on the Apache Isis website at .
You can access this release directly from the Maven central repo .
Alternatively, download the release and build it from source .
--The Apache Isis team
Posted at 11:33PM Mar 29, 2020 by danhaywood in Announcements | |
[ANN] New committer - Jörg Rade
Posted at 11:31PM Mar 29, 2020 by danhaywood in General | |