[ANN] Apache Isis version 1.7.0 Released
Posted at 06:24AM Oct 21, 2014 by danhaywood in Announcements | |
[ANN] Apache Isis version 1.6.0 Released
Posted at 06:19PM Jul 28, 2014 by danhaywood in Announcements | |
[ANN] Apache Isis version 1.5.0 - decoupling using the event bus, fixture scripts, better jrebel support
Posted at 06:47PM Jun 07, 2014 by danhaywood in Announcements | |
[ANN] Isis Wicket Viewer 1.3.1 released, with updated archetypes
Posted at 08:01AM Nov 14, 2013 by danhaywood in Announcements | |
[ANN] Isis 1.3.0 released - crammed full of goodies!
- Apache Isis Core version 1.3.0
- Wicket Viewer 1.3.0
- Restful Objects Viewer 2.1.0
- JDO Object Store 1.3.0
- Shiro Security 1.3.0
- Quickstart Archetype 1.3.0
- Simple Archetype 1.3.0
- contributed collections and properties
- view model support (across both Wicket and RO viewers)
- UI layouts defined in JSON files
- better integration and BDD testing support, including Cucumber-JVM integration
- domain services for handling application and user settings service
- domain service providing various developer utilities (eg downloading metamodel)
- domain service incorporating Guava's EventBus service);
- context-specific autoComplete
- conditional choices
- new annotations: @SortedBy; @CssClass; @PostsPropertyChangedEvent
- helpers for writing contract unit tests and for writing comparable entities
- optimistic locking improvements
- default dashboard
- more sophisticated layouts, with multiple columns
- dynamic reloading of layouts
- sortable table columns
- BlobPanel displaying images
- bookmarkable actions
- upgrade to wicket 6.11.0
- better integration/validation between Isis and JDO metamodels
- upgrade to DataNucleus 3.2.7
- better Google App Engine compatibility
- expose JDO PersistenceManager via domain service for more sophisticated use cases
In addition to all that, there is a new "simple" archetype, making it easier to get started.
Posted at 05:54PM Oct 25, 2013 by danhaywood in Announcements | |
[ANN] Release of Apache Isis Core 1.2.0 and components
Posted at 01:01PM May 31, 2013 by danhaywood in Announcements | |
[ANN] Apache Isis Core 1.1.0, Isis Shiro Security 1.1.0, Isis Wicket Viewer 1.1.0 and Quickstart (Wicket/Restful/JDO) Archetype 1.0.2 released
The Isis team is pleased to announce the release of Apache Isis Core 1.1.0, Isis Shiro Security 1.1.0, Isis Wicket Viewer 1.1.0 and Quickstart (Wicket/Restful/JDO) Archetype 1.0.2 released.[Read More]
Posted at 03:02PM Jan 31, 2013 by danhaywood in Announcements | |
[ANN] Isis Shiro Security 1.0.0 and Quickstart (Wicket/Restful/JDO) archetype 1.0.1 released
The Isis team is pleased to announce the release of Apache Isis Shiro Security 1.0.0, along with an update to the Quickstart (Wicket/Restful/JDO) archetype, v1.0.1.
The main new feature is the integration of Apache Shiro , to be used for authentication and authorization. The quickstart archetype has been updated to integrate this new component . Full release notes are available at  on the Isis website.
In addition, the quickstart archetype has been simplified so that both the Wicket viewer  and the Restful Objects viewer  are run within the same webapp. There is also a new welcome page to help new users get started.
There is one known minor issue: the links on the welcome page to the wicket viewer and restful objects viewer are incorrect if run outside of the root context.
You can access this release directly from the Maven central repo , or download the release and build it from source .
-The Isis team
Posted at 06:50PM Jan 10, 2013 by danhaywood in Announcements | |
Apache Isis 0.2.0-incubating
Just a quick announcement that last week we put out our second release of Apache Isis from the incubator, namely 0.2.0-incubating.
The main theme in this release is to try to simplify things a little, so that would-be users can more easily grok what Isis is about:
- We've updated the website, hopefully explaining better what Isis is and what use cases it hits.
- we now have the online demo linked directly from the website.
- the archetype has also been reworked; rather than have a module for each of the viewers, we've reduced the number of viewers (just HTML viewer and JSON viewer) and put them into a single webapp module.
You can read full release notes here.
And, as for all Isis releases, the release can be found in the Maven central repo, you can use the Maven archetype to create a quickstart app, or you can download the release and build it from source.
By the way, work is well under way on the next release, where the plan is to re-introduce the Scimpi viewer to the archetype, and also to bring in NoSQL (MongoDB) support.
Posted at 08:39AM Feb 27, 2012 by danhaywood in Announcements | |