[ANN] Apache Isis version 1.15.1 Released
- a new Markup value type that allows the Wicket viewer to display arbitrary HTML
- a new "layout" URL for the Restful Objects viewer
- a new "logout" page for the Wicket viewer to support monitoring tools.
Posted at 05:24AM Sep 25, 2017 by danhaywood in Announcements | |
[ANN] Apache Isis version 1.15.0 Released
New features in this release include:
- inline prompts: the ability to edit a property or invoke an action (associated with a property) without requiring a modal dialog box.
- a "hello world" archetype
- upgrade of Apache Wicket from 6.x to 7.x.
- allow applications and integration tests to be bootstrapped with less boilerplate
- new metamodel validations for JAXB view models
- rename isis-viewer-wicket artifacts to isis-core-viewer-wicket (for consistency with other core modules)
Posted at 07:57PM Aug 14, 2017 by danhaywood in Announcements | |
[ANN] Apache Isis version 1.14.0 Released
- the ability to invoke actions with collection parameters (rendered by the Wicket viewer as a multi-select drop-down).
- a number of metamodel validations intended to make it apps already in production easier to refactor (including a new objectType attribute for @DomainService)
- improvements to EmailService so easier to use in system test (non-prod) environments
- a new TableColumnOrderService to allow column order of parented collections to be fine-tuned.
Posted at 03:56PM Feb 19, 2017 by danhaywood in Announcements | |
[ANN] Apache Isis version 1.13.2 Released
This is a maintenance release with a number of minor improvements and bug fixes.
Of these the main improvement is that the simpleapp archetype has been substantially reworked to be more modular. This release also closes the ticket to provide a better DB migration story; this has been implemented by way of the (non-ASF) Isis addons' flywaydb module.
- Prevent double click on buttons
- Use 'readonly' rather than 'disabled' tag (to allow copying of text)
- More flexibility with the @Mixin annotation
- Improve SudoService
Posted at 09:21AM Dec 14, 2016 by danhaywood in Announcements | |
[ANN] Apache Isis 1.13.0 Released
- reworked and improved commands, interactions and events
- new domain services (InteractionContext, PublisherService, AuditerService, MetricsService, etc)
- @Nullable support
- initial support for Docker
Full release notes are available on the Apache Isis website at . DO ALSO please read the migration notes .
You can access this release directly from the Maven central repo , or download the release and build it from source .
Posted at 05:51AM Jul 12, 2016 by danhaywood in Announcements | |
[ANN] Apache Isis 1.12.2 Released
Posted at 05:41PM Jun 06, 2016 by danhaywood in Announcements | |
[ANN] Apache Isis 1.12.1 Released
The Apache Isis team is pleased to announce the release of Apache Isis v1.12.1
Posted at 07:35AM Apr 12, 2016 by danhaywood in Announcements | |
[ANN] Apache Isis version 1.12.0 Released
- much enhanced support for custom layouts, using an optional separate XML layout file Xxx.layout.xml. This is similar in concept to the earlier support we have had for custom layouts through a .layout.json file, but introduces the ability to position object members anywhere using (bootstrap3) columns and rows. It also brings in support for tab groups, and allows object members to be included in the page more than once (eg a table view and also a calendar view).
- a change to the editing of objects: rather than an 'edit' button which toggles the entire page into edit mode, instead each property is edited individually.
- various new domain services. Some of these are in supoprt of the dynamic layouts functionality, others including new access into Apache Isis' metamodel. In addition, the DomainObjectContainer service has been deprecated, replaced by a number of fine-grained services such as RepositoryService and MessageService.
- a number of new mixins, to automatically surface in the UI an entity's id, version (if any) as properties, and actions to download the layout XML and other metadata actions. (These can always be hidden using either security or by writing a subscriber; see the migration notes).
- JAXB view models are now automatically editable by default.
Posted at 06:03PM Mar 29, 2016 by danhaywood in Announcements | |
[ANN] Apache Isis 1.11.1 Released
Posted at 03:04PM Jan 17, 2016 by danhaywood in Announcements | |
[ANN] Apache Isis version 1.11.0 Released
Posted at 06:46AM Jan 02, 2016 by danhaywood in Announcements | |
[ANN] Apache Isis version 1.10.0 Released
Posted at 08:22AM Nov 10, 2015 by danhaywood in Announcements | |
[ANN] Apache Isis 1.8.0
- Apache Isis Core version 1.8.0
- SimpleApp Archetype 1.8.0
- a new theme-able look-n-feel for the Wicket viewer, using Twitter Bootstrap and font awesome icons
- a new simplified set of annotations (@Property, @DomainObject, @CollectionLayout etc) to make features more discoverable; see cheat-sheet
- support to enable multi-tenancy (in particular in conjunction with Isis addons security module)
- new i18n support using gettext .po files, honouring user locale
- sign-up/self-registration support (so that end-users can create own user accounts)
- EmailService for sending HTML emails, optionally with attachments
- ability to validate individual parameters imperatively
- config property to flag use of deprecated annotations/method prefixes
- Maven plugin to validate domain object model with respect to Isis programming conventions
- improved support for Neo4J
- experimental support for more flexibility of generating Restful Objects representations
- as of 1.8.0 the Wicket Viewer is bundled in with Core
- the ToDoApp archetype is no longer provided, however the example todoapp is available from Isis addons (not ASF) to fork and adapt.
- this release drops support for JDK 1.6, standardizes on JDK 1.7
Posted at 07:59AM Feb 24, 2015 by danhaywood in Announcements | |