[ANN] Apache Isis 1.8.0
- Apache Isis Core version 1.8.0
- SimpleApp Archetype 1.8.0
- a new theme-able look-n-feel for the Wicket viewer, using Twitter Bootstrap and font awesome icons
- a new simplified set of annotations (@Property, @DomainObject, @CollectionLayout etc) to make features more discoverable; see cheat-sheet
- support to enable multi-tenancy (in particular in conjunction with Isis addons security module)
- new i18n support using gettext .po files, honouring user locale
- sign-up/self-registration support (so that end-users can create own user accounts)
- EmailService for sending HTML emails, optionally with attachments
- ability to validate individual parameters imperatively
- config property to flag use of deprecated annotations/method prefixes
- Maven plugin to validate domain object model with respect to Isis programming conventions
- improved support for Neo4J
- experimental support for more flexibility of generating Restful Objects representations
- as of 1.8.0 the Wicket Viewer is bundled in with Core
- the ToDoApp archetype is no longer provided, however the example todoapp is available from Isis addons (not ASF) to fork and adapt.
- this release drops support for JDK 1.6, standardizes on JDK 1.7
[ANN] Apache Isis version 1.7.0 Released
Posted at 06:24AM Oct 21, 2014 by danhaywood in Announcements | |
[ANN] Apache Isis version 1.6.0 Released
Posted at 06:19PM Jul 28, 2014 by danhaywood in Announcements | |
[ANN] Apache Isis version 1.5.0 - decoupling using the event bus, fixture scripts, better jrebel support
Posted at 06:47PM Jun 07, 2014 by danhaywood in Announcements | |
[ANN] Isis Wicket Viewer 1.3.1 released, with updated archetypes
Posted at 08:01AM Nov 14, 2013 by danhaywood in Announcements | |
[ANN] Isis 1.3.0 released - crammed full of goodies!
- Apache Isis Core version 1.3.0
- Wicket Viewer 1.3.0
- Restful Objects Viewer 2.1.0
- JDO Object Store 1.3.0
- Shiro Security 1.3.0
- Quickstart Archetype 1.3.0
- Simple Archetype 1.3.0
- contributed collections and properties
- view model support (across both Wicket and RO viewers)
- UI layouts defined in JSON files
- better integration and BDD testing support, including Cucumber-JVM integration
- domain services for handling application and user settings service
- domain service providing various developer utilities (eg downloading metamodel)
- domain service incorporating Guava's EventBus service);
- context-specific autoComplete
- conditional choices
- new annotations: @SortedBy; @CssClass; @PostsPropertyChangedEvent
- helpers for writing contract unit tests and for writing comparable entities
- optimistic locking improvements
- default dashboard
- more sophisticated layouts, with multiple columns
- dynamic reloading of layouts
- sortable table columns
- BlobPanel displaying images
- bookmarkable actions
- upgrade to wicket 6.11.0
- better integration/validation between Isis and JDO metamodels
- upgrade to DataNucleus 3.2.7
- better Google App Engine compatibility
- expose JDO PersistenceManager via domain service for more sophisticated use cases
In addition to all that, there is a new "simple" archetype, making it easier to get started.
Posted at 05:54PM Oct 25, 2013 by danhaywood in Announcements | |
Google Open Source blogpost on ASF's GSOC2013 participants
The Google open source blog has just posted the write-up that ASF provided on some of its students for GSOC 2013. I contributed a couple of paragraphs on how Apache Isis' two students, Dimuthu Upeksha and Bhargav Golla, got on.[Read More]
Posted at 06:36AM Oct 07, 2013 by danhaywood in General | |
[ANN] Release of Apache Isis Core 1.2.0 and components
Posted at 01:01PM May 31, 2013 by danhaywood in Announcements | |
A couple of articles on Isis at SDJournal (free access)
A couple of articles on Apache Isis have just been published by the Software Developers Journal, available for free download.
The first article is a general introduction to Apache Isis, while the second looks in detail at Isis' RESTful APIs. Both were written by Dan Haywood, Isis' current PMC chair.
To download the journal, you do need to register, but it won't cost you anything other than your email address.
Posted at 05:56PM Feb 13, 2013 by danhaywood in General | |
[ANN] Apache Isis Core 1.1.0, Isis Shiro Security 1.1.0, Isis Wicket Viewer 1.1.0 and Quickstart (Wicket/Restful/JDO) Archetype 1.0.2 released
The Isis team is pleased to announce the release of Apache Isis Core 1.1.0, Isis Shiro Security 1.1.0, Isis Wicket Viewer 1.1.0 and Quickstart (Wicket/Restful/JDO) Archetype 1.0.2 released.[Read More]
Posted at 03:02PM Jan 31, 2013 by danhaywood in Announcements | |
[ANN] Isis Shiro Security 1.0.0 and Quickstart (Wicket/Restful/JDO) archetype 1.0.1 released
The Isis team is pleased to announce the release of Apache Isis Shiro Security 1.0.0, along with an update to the Quickstart (Wicket/Restful/JDO) archetype, v1.0.1.
The main new feature is the integration of Apache Shiro , to be used for authentication and authorization. The quickstart archetype has been updated to integrate this new component . Full release notes are available at  on the Isis website.
In addition, the quickstart archetype has been simplified so that both the Wicket viewer  and the Restful Objects viewer  are run within the same webapp. There is also a new welcome page to help new users get started.
There is one known minor issue: the links on the welcome page to the wicket viewer and restful objects viewer are incorrect if run outside of the root context.
You can access this release directly from the Maven central repo , or download the release and build it from source .
-The Isis team
Posted at 06:50PM Jan 10, 2013 by danhaywood in Announcements | |