Entries tagged [buildbot]
ASF Buildbot svn setup
Here at the ASF we have a subversion setup with all our projects code in one repository, with each of those projects having their own style of trunk/branches/tags/site etc.. This works well for us, but did present us with some initial problems when setting up our Buildbot instance to work with it.[Read More]
Posted at 10:25AM Mar 29, 2010 by administrator in Development | |
What can the ASF Buildbot do for your project?
The below information has just been published to the main ASF Buildbot URI ci.apache.org/buildbot.html.
A summary of just some of the things the ASF Buildbot can do for your project:
- Perform per commit build & test runs for your project
- Not just svn! - Buildbot can pull in from your Git/Mercurial branches too!
- Build and Deploy your website to a staging area for review
- Build and Deploy your website to mino (people) for syncing live
- Automatically Build and Deploy Snapshots to Nexus staging area.
- Create Nightly and historical zipped/tarred snapshot builds for download
- Builds can be triggered manually from within your own freenode #IRC Channel
- An IRCBot can report on success/failures of a build instantly
- Build Success/Failures can go to your dev/notification mailing list
- Perform multiple builds of an svn/git commit on multiple platforms asyncronously
- ASF Buildbot uses the latest RAT build to check for license header issues for all your files.
- RAT Reports are published live instantly to ci.apache.org/$project/rat-report.[txt|html]
- As indicated above, plain text or html versions of RAT reports are published.
- [Coming Soon] - RAT Reports sent to your dev list, only new failures will be listed.
- [Coming Soon] - Email a patch with inserted ASL 2.0 Headers into your failed files!!
- Currently Buildbot has Ubuntu 8.04, 9.04 and Windows Server 2008 Slaves
- [Coming Soon] - ASF Buildbot will soon have Solaris, FreeBSD 8 and Windows 7 Slaves
Help is always on hand on the builds.at.apache.org mailing list for any problems or build configuration issues/requests. Or try the #asftest channel on irc.freenode.net for live support.
So now you want your project to use Buildbot? No problem, best way is to file a Jira Ticket. and count to 10 (well maybe a bit longer but it wont be long before you are up and running).
Posted at 01:01PM Nov 09, 2009 by administrator in General | |
New mailing list for CI Build Services
Established today, we now have a dedicated mailing list to talk about and work out all things to do with our build services. Currently infrastructure provides projects with use of Hudson, Continuum, Gump and now we have another option in Buildbot. Buildbot is a new service here at Apache Infrastructure, currently in its last stages of testing , more info coming soon.
All these services and all the projects that use them, are welcome to meet together on the new mailing list. Maybe your project is looking to use one or more of these CI's to build & test their code, build their site, publish to Nexus. Maybe you are already using a CI and want some configuration additions/changes or extra jobs run.
Also look out for us poor souls looking after these instances and the machines they run on - we might need more information from you projects, clarification or updating of build requirements, builds taking too long that needs investigation.
Failing builds are of course for each project to solve code-wise, but be sure that whichever CI(s) you choose, they are there to inform and will give you constant reminders of build failures
Sign up to the new mailing list - builds-subscribe-AT-apache-DOT-org.
See you there!
Posted at 09:14AM Apr 06, 2009 by administrator in General | |