[ANNOUNCE] Apache Hadoop 3.3.0 release
It gives me great pleasure to announce that the Apache Hadoop community has voted to release Apache Hadoop 3.3.0.
Apache Hadoop 3.3.0 is the first release of Apache Hadoop 3.3 line for the year 2020,which includes 2148 fixes since the previous Hadoop 3.2.0 release.
Of these fixes:
Apache Hadoop 3.3.0 contains a number of significant features and enhancements.A few of them are noted as below.
- Support ARM: This is the first release to support ARM architectures.
- Upgrade protobuf from 2.5.0 : Protobuf upgraded to 3.7.1 as protobuf-2.5.0 reached EOL.
- S3A Enhancements : Lots of enhancements to the S3A code including Delegation Token support, better handling of 404 caching, S3guard performance, resilience improvements.
- ABFS Enhancements : Address issues which surface in the field and tune things which need tuning, add more tests where appropriate.Improve docs, especially troubleshooting.
- Tencent Cloud COS File System Implementation: Tencent cloud is top 2 cloud vendors in China market and the object store COS is widely used among China’s cloud users. COSN filesytem to support Tencent cloud COS natively in Hadoop.
- Java11 Runtime Support : Java 11 runtime support is completed.
- HDFS RBF Stabilization: HDFS Router now supports security. Also contains many bug fixes and improvements.
- DNS Resolution to support Nameservices to IP Support:DFS clients can use a single domain name to discover servers (namenodes/routers/observers) instead of explicitly listing out all hosts in the config.
- Scheduling of opportunistic containers : Scheduling of opportunistic container through the central RM (YARN-5220), through distributed scheduling (YARN-2877), as well as the scheduling of containers based on actual node utilization (YARN-1011) and the container promotion/demotion (YARN-5085).
- Application Catalog for YARN applications: Application catalog system which provides an editorial and search interface for YARN applications. This improves the usability of YARN for managing the life cycle of applications.* For major changes included in Hadoop 3.3 line, please refer to Hadoop3.3.0 main page . * For more details about fixes in 3.3.0 release, please read the CHANGELOG  and RELEASENOTES . The release news is posted on the Hadoop website too, you can go to the downloads section directly .
Many thanks to everyone who contributed to the release, and everyone in the Apache Hadoop community! This release is a direct result of your great contributions.
Posted at 07:49AM Jul 28, 2020 by brahma in Technology | |