The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 5 August 2016
Welcome August! Whilst many are on holidays, the Apache Community at-large is always productive. Here's what happened over the past week:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's Bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 17 August 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield fab performance at 99.60% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- CFP and registration open for Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon Europe/Seville http://apachecon.com/
Apache Attic –provides process and solutions to make it clear when an Apache project has reached its end of life.
- Apache Tuscany retired http://attic.apache.org/projects/tuscany.html
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.5.7 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Knox™ –a REST API Gateway for providing secure access to the data and processing resources of Apache Hadoop clusters.
- Apache Knox 0.9.1 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/knox/0.9.1
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Uber uses Apache Aurora, Cassandra, Hadoop, Kafka, Mesos, Spark, Storm, and Thrift at the core of its tech stack? http://aurora.apache.org/, http://cassandra.apache.org/, http://hadoop.apache.org/, http://kafka.apache.org/, http://mesos.apache.org/, http://spark.apache.org/, http://storm.apache.org/, http://thrift.apache.org/
- Did you know that Southwest's OpsSuite uses Apache Geode (incubating) to show real time logistics operational status? 10M messages consumed; 1M schedules optimized in seconds! http://geode.incubator.apache.org/
- Did you know that the ASF is an hiring Infrastructure Systems Administrator/Architect? https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/position_available_infrastructure_systems_administrator
Apache Community Notices:
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Atlanta Hadoop Users Group present Cutting edge with HBASE on 17 August 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Atlanta-Hadoop-Users-Group/events/230344766/
- CFP is open for the next Cassandra Summit 7-9 September 2016 in San Jose https://cfp.cassandrasummit.org/
- CloudStack Collaboration Conference Brasil will take place 29-30 September 2016 in Sao Paolo http://cloudstack.usp.br/en/index.php
- ApacheCon Europe will take place 14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain http://apachecon.com/
- The second ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/pTMX
# # #
Posted at 02:23PM Aug 05, 2016 by Sally in General | |