The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 29 July 2016
As we're wrapping up the month, let's review the Apache Community's activities over the past week:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's Bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 17 August 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield stable performance at 99.43% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- CFP and registration open for Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon Europe/Seville http://apachecon.com/
Apache Airavata™ –a software framework providing APIs, sophisticated server-side tools, and graphical user interfaces to construct, execute, control and manage long running applications and workflows on distributed computing resources.
- Apache Airavata 0.16 released http://airavata.apache.org/development.html
Apache Directory Server™ –an extensible and embeddable directory server entirely written in Java, which has been certified LDAPv3 compatible by the Open Group.
- ApacheDS 2.0.0-M23 released http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/downloads.html
Apache Fortress™ –a sub-project of Apache Directory that provides role-based access control, delegated administration and password policy services with LDAP.
- Apache Fortress 1.0.1 released http://directory.apache.org/fortress/downloads.html
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak – a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.5.6 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Kudu™ –Open Source columnar storage engine enables fast analytics across the Internet of Things, time series, cybersecurity, and other Big Data applications in the Apache Hadoop ecosystem.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Kudu™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/9OIw
Apache Kylin™ –an Open Source Distributed Analytics Engine designed to provide SQL interface and multi-dimensional analysis (OLAP) on Hadoop, supporting extremely large datasets.
- Apache Kylin 1.5.3 released https://kylin.apache.org/download/
Apache Mesos™ –mature Open Source cluster resource manager, container orchestrator, and distributed operating systems kernel.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Mesos™ v1.0 https://s.apache.org/qbx4
Apache Open Climate Workbench™ –a comprehensive suite of algorithms, libraries, and interfaces designed to standardize and streamline the process of interacting with large quantities of observational data (such as is provided by the RCMED) and conducting regional climate model evaluations.
- Apache Open Climate Workbench 1.1.0 released http://climate.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Traffic Server™ –a fast, scalable and extensible HTTP/1.1 compliant caching proxy server.
- Apache Traffic Server 6.2.0 released http://trafficserver.apache.org/downloads
Apache Twill™ –Open Source abstraction layer over Apache Hadoop® YARN simplifies developing distributed Hadoop applications.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Twill™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/Rzsf
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the ASF has a Code of Conduct for Apache Projects and Communities? http://www.apache.org/foundation/policies/conduct
- Did you know that Apache CouchDB has a series of blog posts that highlight The Road to CouchDB 2.0? https://blog.couchdb.org/2016/07/25/the-road-to-couchdb-2-0/
- Did you know that the ASF is an hiring Infrastructure Systems Administrator/Architect? https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/position_available_infrastructure_systems_administrator
Apache Community Notices:
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Atlanta Hadoop Users Group present Cutting edge with HBASE on 17 August 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Atlanta-Hadoop-Users-Group/events/230344766/
- CFP is open for the next Cassandra Summit 7-9 September 2016 in San Jose https://cfp.cassandrasummit.org/
- CloudStack Collaboration Conference Brasil will take place 29-30 September 2016 in Sao Paolo http://cloudstack.usp.br/en/index.php
- ApacheCon Europe will take place 14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain http://apachecon.com/
- The second ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/pTMX
# # #
Posted at 02:40PM Jul 29, 2016 by Sally Khudairi in General | |