The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 15 July 2016
It's midmonth already and the Apache Community has had another great week:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's Bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 20 July 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks fab performance at 99.74% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- CFP and registration now open for Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon Europe/Seville http://apachecon.com/
Apache Atlas (incubating) –a scalable and extensible set of core foundational governance services enabling enterprises to effectively and efficiently meet their compliance requirements within Hadoop and allows integration with the whole enterprise data ecosystem.
- Apache Atlas 0.7-incubating released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/atlas/0.7.0-incubating/
Apache Commons™ BCEL –gives users a convenient way to analyze, create, and manipulate (binary) Java class files (those ending with .class).
- Apache Commons BCEL 6.0 released http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-bcel/download_bcel.cgi
Apache FreeMarker (incubating) –a template engine: a Java library to generate text output (HTML Web pages, e-mails, configuration files, source code, etc.) based on templates and changing data.
- Apache FreeMarker 2.3.25-incubating released http://freemarker.org/freemarkerdownload.html
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully conforming implementation of the Content Repository for Java Technology API (JCR). A content repository is a hierarchical content store with support for structured and unstructured content, full text search, versioning, transactions, observation, and more.
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.13.0, 2.13.1 and Jackrabbit Oak 1.2.17 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Log4j™ –a well known framework for logging application behavior.
- Apache Log4j 2.6.2 released http://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/
Apache NiFi™ –an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to process and distribute data.
- Apache NiFi 0.7.0 released http://nifi.apache.org/download.html
- Apache NiFi MiNiFi 0.0.1 released http://nifi.apache.org/minifi/download.html
Apache Qpid™ –an AMQP 1.0 messaging library.
- Apache Qpid Proton 0.13.1 released http://qpid.apache.org/download.html
- [SECURITY] CVE-2016-4467: Apache Qpid Proton: Failure to verify that the server host name matches the certificate host name on Windows http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201607.mbox/%3CCANVjZ_R-e0M_JQ66CNpBN2YbcKj46gHyZYBCNoEj9WPA3JyNuw%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Apache Struts™ –an elegant, extensible framework for creating enterprise-ready Java web applications.
- Apache Struts 2.3.30 GA and 2.5.2 GA released http://struts.apache.org/download.html#struts-ga
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and JASPIC technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M9 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-90.cgi
- Apache Tomcat 8.5.4 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-80.cgi
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Apache Groovy is a Top 20 language? http://groovy.apache.org/
- Did you know that analysts project the global Apache Hadoop industry will grow at a CAGR of 59.37% between 2016-2020? http://hadoop.apache.org/
- Did you know that we're always looking for great ways to highlight Apache projects in our "Did You Know" campaigns? Send your success stories to <firstname.lastname@example.org>!
Apache Community Notices:
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Big data, Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL and DevOps will take place 16 July 2016 in Santa Clara http://www.meetup.com/Silicon-Valley-Data-Science-Predictive-Analytics-Meetup/events/232218689/
- Data Science, Data Engineering and Infrastructure will be held 16 July 2016 in San Jose http://www.meetup.com/Redbasin-Bootcamp/events/231382474/
- Real Time Sporting Event Predictions using Apache Spark will take place 18 July 2016 in New York City http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-Developers-in-NYC/events/232086830/
- Intensivo: Arquitectura y Virtualización de Hadoop will be held 18 July 2016 in Madrid http://www.meetup.com/Madrid-Big-Data-Open-School/events/231512987/
- Data Science in the Newsroom w/ Geetu Ambwani, Principal Data Scientist @ HuffPo will take place 18 July 2016 New York City http://www.meetup.com/Metis-New-York-Data-Science/events/232303760/
- Ingesting Data from Kafka to HDFS with Dedupper & Enrichment using JDBC will be held 19 July 2016 in Pune http://www.meetup.com/Apache-Apex-Pune/events/232312502/
- Big Data for Personalized Health & Genomics will be held 19 July 2016 in Washington DC http://www.meetup.com/Washington-DC-Area-Spark-Interactive/events/231912452/
- Stream Computing (The engineer’s perspective) will be held 19 July 2016 in San Francisco http://www.meetup.com/SF-Big-Analytics/events/231317344/
- Apache Airflow introduction and best practices will be held 19 July 2016 in Amsterdam http://www.meetup.com/Netherlands-Hadoop-User-Group/events/232545021/
- Apache Apex: Stream Processing Architecture and Applications will be held 19 July 2016 in München http://www.meetup.com/Hadoop-User-Group-Munich/events/230313355/
- "Stream Processing with Apache Flink" w/ Flink PMC Robert Metzger will be held 19 July 2016 in Taipei http://www.meetup.com/flink-tw/events/231707894/
- Lunch with MapR: Apache Spark - With or without Hadoop! will be held 20 July 2016 in Leawood http://www.meetup.com/Kansas-City-Big-Data-Projects-Group/events/232110867/
- Running Spark on Hive or Hive on Spark?! will take place 20 July 2016 in London http://www.meetup.com/futureofdata-london/events/232423292/
- Cassandra: Tuning and Real-life War Stories will be held 20 July 2016 in Amsterdam http://www.meetup.com/Netherlands-Cassandra-Users/events/231960365/
- Lessons Learnt with Data Modelling in Cassandra will take place 20 July 2016 in Sydney http://www.meetup.com/Sydney-Cassandra-Users/events/230164960/
- Apache Camel :- Getting Your Project Over The Hump will be held 20 July 2016 in Grand Rapids http://www.meetup.com/gr-jug/events/230463181/
- Spark, Zeppelin and Cassandra will be held 20 July 2016 in London http://www.meetup.com/Spark-London/events/232355493/
- Atlanta Hadoop Users Group present Cutting edge with HBASE on 17 August 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Atlanta-Hadoop-Users-Group/events/230344766/
- CFP is open for the next Cassandra Summit 7-9 September 2016 in San Jose https://cfp.cassandrasummit.org/
- CloudStack Collaboration Conference Brasil will take place 29-30 September 2016 in Sao Paolo http://cloudstack.usp.br/en/index.php
- ApacheCon Europe will take place 14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain http://apachecon.com/
- The second ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/pTMX
# # #
Posted at 11:51AM Jul 15, 2016 by Sally in General | |