The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 8 July 2016
The Apache Community is wrapping up a great week with the following activities:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's Bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 20 July 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks fab performance at 99.72% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- CFP and registration now open for Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon Europe/Seville http://apachecon.com/
Apache HTTP Server™ –the world's most popular Web server.
- Apache HTTP Server 2.4.23 released http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi
Apache POI™ –well-known in the Java field as a library for reading and writing Microsoft Office file formats, such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Publisher and Outlook.
- Apache POI 3.15-beta2 released https://poi.apache.org/download.html
Apache Qpid™ JMS –our newer AMQP 1.0 JMS client, based around the Qpid Proton protocol engine and implementing the AMQP JMS Mapping as it evolves at OASIS.
- Apache Qpid JMS 0.10.0 released http://qpid.apache.org/download.html
- [SECURITY] CVE-2016-4974: Apache Qpid: deserialization of untrusted input while using JMS ObjectMessage http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201607.mbox/%3CCAFitrpQuqhcLM2ZV9PKfqieHRD%2Buz%2Bh4Ljd5DSbhiq-Dhvf8LA%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Apache Taverna (incubating) –a domain-independent suite of tools used to design and execute data-driven workflows.
- Apache Taverna Command-line 3.1.0-incubating released https://s.apache.org/taverna-commandline-3.1.0
Apache Tomcat™ Native Library –provides portable API for features not found in contemporary JDKs.
- Apache Tomcat Native 1.2.8 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-native.cgi
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Alibaba is using Apache Flink for mission-critical products on thousands of nodes? http://flink.apache.org/
- Did you know that IBM Graph's enterprise Database-as-a-Service is powered by Apache Tinkerpop? http://tinkerpop.apache.org/
- Did you know that we're always looking for great ways to highlight Apache projects in our "Did You Know" campaigns? Send your success stories to <firstname.lastname@example.org>!
Apache Community Notices:
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Bangalore Mesos User Group will present Introduction to Apache Mesos on 9 July 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Bangalore-Mesos-User-Group/events/228745899/
- Big Data Day LA 2016 will take place 9 July 2016 in Santa Monica http://www.meetup.com/Los-Angeles-Deep-Learning-Big-Data-Science/events/228961547/
- Ingest from Kafka, Dimension Compute and Enrich using Apache Apex (Hadoop) will be held in Fremont, Denver, and Seattle on 9 July 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Apex-Fremont/events/232229800/
- Wprowadzenie do Big Data i Apache Hadoop will take place 9 July 2016 in Warsaw http://www.meetup.com/StacjaIT/events/232102766/
- Introduction to Apache Mesos will take place 9 July 2016 in Bangalore http://www.meetup.com/Bangalore-Mesos-User-Group/events/228745899/
- [LA] PANCAKE STACK: Spark Recommender +Kafka +Cassandra +Streams +TensorFlow will be held 10 July 2016 in San Francisco http://www.meetup.com/Advanced-Spark-and-TensorFlow-Meetup/events/231900972/
- Beijing Kafka Meetup第二次活动 will take place 10 July 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Beijing-Kafka-Meetup/events/232270387/
- 1º Workshop Ecossistemas Big Data will be held 11 July 2016 in Belo Horizonte http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-Belo-Horizonte/events/231971491/
- Apache Flink... Don’t Cross The Streams! Modern Data Science Workflows will be held 11 July 2016 in Dublin http://www.meetup.com/hadoop-user-group-ireland/events/232023668/
- Using Cassandra from Spark will be held 11 July 2016 in Zagreb http://www.meetup.com/Apache-Spark-Zagreb-Meetup/events/232027824/
- Spark Summit Debrief will take place 11 July 2016 in Salt Lake City http://www.meetup.com/apache-spark-slc/events/231790035/
- Intro to Apache Apex (next gen Hadoop) & comparison to Spark Streaming will be held 12 July 2016 in Hyderabad and Pune http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-native-Hadoop-Ingest-and-Transform-Hyderabad/events/232289928/
- Big Data Processing with Apache Spark will take place 12 July 2016 in San Francisco http://www.meetup.com/Metis-San-Francisco-Data-Science/events/232231072/
- Cleveland Big Data and Hadoop User Group will meet on 12 July 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Cleveland-Hadoop/events/231623275/
- Apache Kafka at eBay and Salesforce will be held 12 July 2016 in Bellevue http://www.meetup.com/Seattle-Apache-Kafka-Meetup/events/232190888/
- Data Science and Big Data Problem Solving Team Event will be held 12 July 2016 in Addison http://www.meetup.com/DFW-Data-Science/events/232082864/
- Learn Spark for Big Data - 4 Week Night Class (PAID) will kickoff on 12 July 2016 in San Francisco http://www.meetup.com/SF-Data-Science/events/232040024/
- Intro to Apache Apex (next gen Hadoop) & comparison to Spark Streaming will be held 12 July 2016 in Seattle http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-native-Hadoop-Ingest-and-Transform-Seattle/events/232289728/
- Introduction to Data Modeling with Apache Cassandra will be held 12 July 2016 in Dallas http://www.meetup.com/Dallas-Cassandra-Users/events/231945903/
- Two talks: Streaming and Akka Persistence + Cassandra availability management will be held 12 July 2016 in New York http://www.meetup.com/Reactive-New-York/events/232063482/
- Intro to Data Science - 6 Week Night Class (PAID) will begin 12 July 2016 in New York http://www.meetup.com/Metis-New-York-Data-Science/events/232059037/
- Kubernetes for the Mesos User will be held 12 July 2016 in Denver http://www.meetup.com/Denver-Mesos-User-Group/events/232276390/
- Intro to Apache Apex (next gen Hadoop) & comparison to Spark Streaming will be held 12 July 2016 in Raleigh http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-native-Hadoop-Ingest-and-Transform-Raleigh-NC/events/232289839/
- Robust Stream Processing with Apache Flink will be held 13 July 2016 in New York http://www.meetup.com/NYCFlink/events/232306611/
- Apache Spark Meet-up Wellington will take place 13 July 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Wellington-Spark-Meetup/events/232379389/
- Building/Running Netflix's Data Pipeline using Apache Kafka will take place 13 July 2016 in San Francisco and Redwood City http://www.meetup.com/SF-Big-Analytics/events/231072452/
- Streaming in the Wild with Apache Flink with Kostas Tzoumas will take place 13 July 2016 in São Paulo http://www.meetup.com/Data-Science-Brasil/events/232170654/
- Data science life cycle with Apache Zeppelin will take place 13 July 2016 in San Francisco http://www.meetup.com/SF-Data-Science/events/232085216/
- Atlanta Hadoop Users Group present Cutting edge with HBASE on 17 August 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Atlanta-Hadoop-Users-Group/events/230344766/
- CFP is open for the next Cassandra Summit 7-9 September 2016 in San Jose https://cfp.cassandrasummit.org/
- CloudStack Collaboration Conference Brasil will take place 29-30 September 2016 in Sao Paolo http://cloudstack.usp.br/en/index.php
- ApacheCon Europe will take place 14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain http://apachecon.com/
- The second ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/pTMX
# # #
Posted at 02:13PM Jul 08, 2016 by Sally in General | |