The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 24 June 2016
Another week has rushed by with excellent work by the Apache community. Here's what we've been up to:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's Bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 20 July 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield superb performance at 99.80% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- CFP and registration now open for Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon Europe --14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain http://apachecon.com/
- Feel free to drop by #apachecon on the Freenode IRC network and share your thoughts!
Apache Accumulo™ –sorted, distributed key/value store is a robust, scalable, high performance data storage system that features cell-based access control and customizable server-side processing.
- Apache Accumulo 1.7.2 released https://accumulo.apache.org/downloads/
Apache Commons™ Compress –working with zip, ar, jar, bz2, cpio, tar, gz, dump, pack200, lzma, 7z, arj and xz files.
- Apache Commons Compress 1.12 released http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-compress/download_compress.cgi
Apache Commons™ Fileupload –provides a simple yet flexible means of adding support for multipart file upload functionality to servlets and web applications.
- Apache Commons Fileupload information disclosure vulnerability http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201606.mbox/%3C45A20804-ABFF-4FED-A297-69AC95AB9A3F%40apache.org%3E
Apache Curator™ –Java libraries that make using Apache ZooKeeper much easier and more reliable.
- Apache Curator 2.11.0 and 3.2.0 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/curator/
Apache DeltaSpike™ –not a CDI-container, but a portable CDI extension.
- Apache DeltaSpike 1.7.0 released http://deltaspike.apache.org/download.html
Apache Directory™ LDAP API –an ongoing effort to provide an enhanced LDAP API, as a replacement for JNDI and the existing LDAP API (jLdap and Mozilla LDAP API).
- Apache Directory LDAP API 1.0.0-RC1 released http://directory.apache.org/api/downloads.html
Apache Hive™ –data warehouse software facilitates querying and managing large datasets residing in distributed storage.
- Apache Hive 2.1.0 released https://hive.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Libcloud™ –leading Cloud service interoperability library.
- Apache Libcloud 1.0.0 released http://libcloud.apache.org/downloads.html
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Libcloud™ v1.0 https://s.apache.org/QBYs
Apache Lucene™ –a high-performance, full-featured text search engine library written entirely in Java.
- Apache Lucene 6.1.0 released http://lucene.apache.org/core/mirrors-core-latest-redir.html
Apache Nutch™ –a well matured, production ready Web crawler.
- Apache Nutch 1.12 released http://nutch.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Qpid™ Proton –an AMQP 1.0 messaging library.
- Apache Qpid Proton 0.13.0 released http://qpid.apache.org/download.html
Apache Sentry™ –a system to enforce fine grained role based authorization to data and metadata stored on a Hadoop cluster.
- Apache Sentry 1.7.0 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/sentry
Apache Solr™ –the popular, blazing fast, Open Source NoSQL search platform from the Apache Lucene project.
- Apache Solr 6.1.0 released http://lucene.apache.org/solr/mirrors-solr-latest-redir.html
Apache Struts™ –an elegant, extensible framework for creating enterprise-ready Java Web applications.
- Apache Struts 2.5.1 General Availability and 2.3.29 General Availability with Security Fixes released http://struts.apache.org/download.html#struts-ga
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Expression Language and Java WebSocket technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 7.0.70 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-70.cgi
- [CORRECTION] CVE-2016-3092 Apache Tomcat Denial of Service http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201606.mbox/%3C6223ece6-2b41-ef4f-22f9-d3481e492832%40apache.org%3E
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the presentations for Spark Summit are available online at https://spark-summit.org/?
Apache Community Notices:
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Week 6 of Data Science Bootcamp – A summer of data, analytics and insight will take place 24 June 2016 in Toronto http://www.meetup.com/BDU-Toronto/events/231772526/
- SEA: Search Engines Amsterdam will meet 24 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/SEA-Search-Engines-Amsterdam/events/228591927/
- Database Time! will meet 24 June 2016 in Berlin http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-Beers/events/231386617/
- What the Hackathon? Will hold Build an Apache Apex (native Hadoop) Big Data Application on 25 June 2016 in San Jose http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-native-Hadoop-Ingest-and-Transform-Bay-Area/events/231697973/
- Własna wyszukiwarka w oparciu o Apache Solr will be held 25 June in Warsaw http://www.meetup.com/StacjaIT/events/231557720/
- Understanding and Building Big Data Architectures will feature Apache Kafka on 25 June 2016 in Hyderabad http://www.meetup.com/hyderabad-scalability/events/229886391/
- Data Science for Developers will meet 25 June 2016 in Toronto http://www.meetup.com/BDU-Toronto/events/231698318/
- Visualizing Big Data will take place 25 June 2016 in Bangalore http://www.meetup.com/Real-Time-Data-Processing-and-Cloud-Computing/events/231857051/
- Building Big Data applications with Apache Beam and Apache Apex will be held 27 June 2016 in San Jose http://www.meetup.com/Apex-Bay-Area-Chapter/events/231422630/
- Robust Stream Processing with Apache Flink and Flink-HTM will be held 27 June 2016 in Mountain View http://www.meetup.com/Bay-Area-Apache-Flink-Meetup/events/231347668/
- Apache Metron Overview and Demo @ Hadoop Summit San Jose will be held 27 June 2016 in San Francisco http://www.meetup.com/futureofdata-sanfrancisco/events/230019237/
- Apache Ambari Meetup at Hadoop Summit 2016 San Jose will take place 27 June 2016 in Santa Clara http://www.meetup.com/Apache-Ambari-User-Group/events/231576067/
- Apache Accumulo Meetup at Hadoop Summit San Jose 2016 will be held 27 June 2016 in Washington DC http://www.meetup.com/Accumulo-Users-DC/events/231397927/
- Meetup @ Hadoop Summit will be held 27 June 2016 in Santa Clara http://www.meetup.com/futureofdata-siliconvalley/events/230019193/
- IoT for Big Machines & 1-Click Deploy, Scale, SparkML & TensorFlow with Docker will be held 27 June 2016 in Fremont http://www.meetup.com/datariders/events/230919430/
- War Stories of Making Software Work with Hadoop will be held 27 June 2016 in Palo Alto http://www.meetup.com/Open-Data-Platform-Group/events/231569465/
- Mathematics to converge IoT, Cloud and Big Data @ Hadoop Summit 2016 will be held 27 June 2016 in Fremont http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-Science/events/227573002/
- Innovations in Spark and Hadoop Analytics + Beer Tasting! will take place 27 June 2016 in San Jose http://www.meetup.com/BigDataDevelopers/events/231736978/
- Further Topics of Mesos will take place 27 June 2016 in Addison http://www.meetup.com/Metroplex-Mesos-Group/events/232069156/
- 38th meetup - Cassandra and RIA will be held 27 June 2016 in Leuven http://www.meetup.com/bigdatabe/events/231887669/
- NiFi Meetup at Hadoop Summit will be held 27 June 2016 in San Jose http://www.meetup.com/ApacheNiFi/events/231191180/
- Cloudera Sessions will take place 28 June 2016 in New York http://www.meetup.com/NY-Cloudera-User-Group/events/231250522/
- Introduction to Spark In-memory Computing will be held 28 June 2016 in Raleigh http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-Developers-in-Raleigh/events/231744087/
- BookKeeper Meetup will take place 28 June 2016 in San Francisco http://www.meetup.com/Apache-BookKeeper/events/231766042/
- Hadoop Streamit will be held 28 June 2016 in Budapest http://www.meetup.com/futureofdata-budapest/events/231890824/
- How to Simplify Load Testing: JMeter and Beyond will be held 28 June 2016 in New York http://www.meetup.com/Performance-and-Load-Testing/events/231881596/
- Crowdmix - An Event Based Social Music Platform & Kafka 0.10 New Features will take place 28 June 2016 in London http://www.meetup.com/Apache-Kafka-London/events/231792705/
- How to Use Apache Ignite, In-Memory Data Fabric, will be presented 28 June 2016 in New York http://www.meetup.com/mysqlnyc/events/231578906/
- Mesosphere will be held 28 June 2016 in Paris http://www.meetup.com/Paris-Mesos-Users-Group/events/232023711/
- Hadoop Summit San Jose: Enterprise-Grade Streaming Under 2ms on Hadoop will be held 29 June 2016 in San Jose http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-native-Hadoop-Ingest-and-Transform-Bay-Area/events/231893607/
- Spark at Microsoft Extravaganza will be held 29 June 2016 in Bellevue http://www.meetup.com/Seattle-Spark-Meetup/events/230511725/
- Habitat a new open source project from Chef & MesosCon 2016 Update! will take place 29 June 2016 in Austin http://www.meetup.com/Austin-Mesos-Users-Group/events/231950091/
- Data modeling w/Cassandra 3.0 & beyond & Cassandra on Docker @ Walmart Labs will be presented 29 June 2016 in Cupertino http://www.meetup.com/DataStax-Cassandra-South-Bay-Users/events/231864622/
- Interaktive Datenanalysen mit Azure HDInsight /Apache Spark will be held 29 June 2016 in Karlsruhe http://www.meetup.com/Azure-Meetup-Karlsruhe/events/231908525/
- Scala in practice, akka-streams and Apache Spark Streaming API will be held 29 June 2016 in Miami http://www.meetup.com/Miami-Scala-Enthusiasts/events/231594551/
- Apache Spark #10 will be held 29 June 2016 in Toronto http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Apache-Spark/events/231023863/
- Hadoop Summit San Jose: Next Gen Data Analytics with Apache Apex will take place 30 June 2016 in San Jose http://www.meetup.com/Apex-Bay-Area-Chapter/events/231892148/
- Bangalore Mesos User Group will present Introduction to Apache Mesos on 9 July 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Bangalore-Mesos-User-Group/events/228745899/
- Atlanta Hadoop Users Group present Cutting edge with HBASE on 17 August 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Atlanta-Hadoop-Users-Group/events/230344766/
- CFP is open for the next Cassandra Summit 7-9 September 2016 in San Jose https://cfp.cassandrasummit.org/
- CloudStack Collaboration Conference Brasil will take place 29-30 September 2016 in Sao Paolo http://cloudstack.usp.br/en/index.php
- ApacheCon Europe will take place 14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain http://apachecon.com/
- The second ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/pTMX
# # #
Posted at 01:19PM Jun 24, 2016 by Sally Khudairi in General | |