The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 17 June 2016
Happy Friday! The always-productive Apache community wrapped up another great week --here's what happened:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's Bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 20 July 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield fantastic performance at 99.67% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- CFP and registration now open for Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon Europe --14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain http://apachecon.com/
- Feel free to drop by #apachecon on the Freenode IRC network and share your thoughts!
Apache Calcite™ –a dynamic data management framework.
- Apache Calcite 1.8.0 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/calcite/apache-calcite-1.8.0/
Apache Creadur™ Rat –a build tool focused on license audit, helping you to spot and fix missing license headers.
- Apache Rat 0.12 released http://creadur.apache.org/rat/download_rat.cgi
Apache HttpComponents™ Core –a set of low level HTTP transport components that can be used to build custom client and server side HTTP services with a minimal footprint.
- Apache HttpComponents Core 4.4.5 GA released http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi
Apache Mahout™ –an environment for quickly creating machine learning applications that scale and run on the highest performance parallel computation engines available.
- Apache Mahout 0.12.2 released http://mahout.apache.org/
Apache SystemML (incubating) –declarative large-scale machine learning (ML) that aims at flexible specification of ML algorithms and automatic generation of hybrid runtime plans ranging from single-node, in-memory computations, to distributed computations on Apache Hadoop MapReduce and Apache Spark.
- Apache SystemML 0.10.0-incubating released http://systemml.apache.org/
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language and Java WebSocket technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M8 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-90.cgi
- Apache Tomcat 8.0.36 and 8.5.3 available http://tomcat.apache.org/download-80.cgi
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Apache OFBiz is now a registered trademark? http://ofbiz.apache.org/
- Did you know that Apache Roller (our blog publishing platform) has a newly modernized user interface? Learn how you can help contribute! http://rollerweblogger.org/roller/entry/modernizing-the-roller-ui
Apache Community Notices:
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- PANCAKE STACK: Spark Recommender +Kafka +Cassandra +Streams +TensorFlow will be held 18 June 2016 in San Francisco http://www.meetup.com/Advanced-Spark-and-TensorFlow-Meetup/events/231133785/
- 海 Spark Meetup第九次聚会 will be held 18 June 2016 in Shanghai http://www.meetup.com/Shanghai-Apache-Spark-Meetup/events/231612662/
- Top 5 Mistakes When Writing Spark Applications will be presented 20 June 2016 in Chicago http://www.meetup.com/Chicago-Spark-Users/events/231373252/
- User Defined Functions and Materialized Views in Cassandra 3.0 will be held 20 June 2016 in Dublin http://www.meetup.com/Dublin-Cassandra-Users/events/231171356/
- Matt Pfeil and Patrick Callaghan talk Cassandra! on 20 June 2016 in London http://www.meetup.com/Cassandra-London/events/231859512/
- Come Together to Work on a Data Science Project will take place 20 June 2016 in San Francisco http://www.meetup.com/StudyGroups/events/231673184/
- Machine Learning Spain XIII will meet 20 June 2016 in Madrid http://www.meetup.com/MachineLearningSpain/events/231863173/
- Apache Beam/Google Cloud Dataflow will be held 20 June 2016 in Pittsburgh http://www.meetup.com/Pittsburgh-Code-Supply/events/231167546/
- Apache Kafka will meet up on 20 June 2016 in Vienna http://www.meetup.com/Papers-We-Love-Vienna/events/231318183/
- Tech Talk: PySpark will take place 20 June 2016 in Austin http://www.meetup.com/PyLadies-ATX/events/231494470/
- Intro to Apache Spark - Hands On will be held 21 June 2016 in Indianapolis http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-Developers-in-Indianapolis/events/231593888/
- Apache Bigtop & Apache Apex (native Hadoop) will be held 21 June 2016 in San Jose http://www.meetup.com/Apex-Bay-Area-Chapter/events/231799208/
- Spark ML - Machine Learning Hands On w/ Matt Der will take place 21 June 2016 in Richmond http://www.meetup.com/RVA-Data-Hackers/events/231573981/
- Fast-Data (2nd Meetup event) will be held 21 June 2016 in McLean http://www.meetup.com/Fast-Data-DC-NoVA-MD-DC/events/231221600/
- Self Healing System Design + Spark on Knime will take place 21 June 2016 in Sydney http://www.meetup.com/Sydney-Apache-Spark-User-Group/events/230892723/
- Intro to Apache Spark - Hands On will be held 22 June 2016 in Louisville http://www.meetup.com/Louisville-BI-Big-Data-Analytics-Meetup/events/231614605/
- Introduction to Spark In-memory Computing will take place 22 June 2016 in Washington, DC http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-Developers-in-DC/events/231023283/
- Cassandra Meetup will be held 22 June 2016 in Tel Aviv-Yafo http://www.meetup.com/Tel-Aviv-Cassandra-Users/events/231855312/
- How Better Measurement of User Outcomes Drives System Quality will take place 22 June 2016 in Santa Clara http://www.meetup.com/ContainerNetworking/events/231772850/
- Hands-on Intro to Machine Learning with Apache Spark and Apache Zeppelin will be held 22 June 2016 in Santa Clara http://www.meetup.com/futureofdata-siliconvalley/events/230910868/
- Spark Machine Learning Training will take place 22 June 2016 Atlanta http://www.meetup.com/Greater-Atlanta-Apache-Spark-Interactive/events/231756341/
- The Third Spark Meetup will take place 22 June 2016 in Pune http://www.meetup.com/Pune-Apache-Spark-Meetup/events/231618172/
- Options for Ingest: Elasticsearch Ingest Node and Apache Airflow will be held 22 June 2016 in San Francisco http://www.meetup.com/SF-Bay-Area-Data-Ingest-Meetup/events/231024947/
- Joint Meetup with SF Bay Area Data Ingest Meetup will be held 22 June 2016 in Mountain View http://www.meetup.com/Silicon-Valley-Elastic-Fantastics/events/231215994/
- AWS tips and tricks for Cassandra will take place 22 June 2016 in San Francisco http://www.meetup.com/CassandraSF/events/224881564/
- Bay Area Search will be held 22 June 2016 in San Jose http://www.meetup.com/Bay-Area-Search/events/229404315/
- Overview of Open Source Fast Data Platforms and Future Plans will take place 22 June 2016 Washington, DC http://www.meetup.com/Fast-Data-DC/events/230711519/
- How Spark can improve your Hadoop Cluster will be held 22 June 2016 in Hamburg http://www.meetup.com/Scala-Hamburg/events/231414246/
- High concurrency, low latency reporting within Hadoop platform will be held 22 June 2016 in Atlanta http://www.meetup.com/Atlanta-Hadoop-Users-Group/events/230344816/
- Spark RDD概念入門 will take place 22 June 2016 in Hsinchu http://www.meetup.com/Apache-Spark-Hsinchu/events/231850932/
- IT talk на тему BigData и IoT на конференции ICTERI will be held 23 June 2016 Kyiv http://www.meetup.com/IT-Talk-Kyiv/events/231859440/
- Apache Flink Crash Course - Meet the Squirrel will be held 23 June 2016 in Prague http://www.meetup.com/CS-HUG/events/231711892/
- Big Data in the Cloud with Zoomdata, Cloudera and Centurylink will take place 23 June 2016 in Raleigh http://www.meetup.com/Zoomdata-Big-Data-Meetup-Raleigh/events/231295179/
- Apache Metron Overview and Codelab: Building the next Generation Cyber Security will be held 23 June 2016 in Raleigh http://www.meetup.com/futureofdata-triangle/events/231440309/
- Interactive Data Analytics with Flink and Zeppelin will take place on 23 June 2016 in McLean http://www.meetup.com/DCFlinkMeetup/events/231718607/
- Distributed ML in Spark will be held 23 June 2016 in New York http://www.meetup.com/Spark-NYC/events/231796695/
- Ted Dunning on Anomaly Detection will be presented on 23 June 2016 in Seattle http://www.meetup.com/Seattle-DAML/events/231426676/
- Big Data at Twitter Scale will take place 23 June 2016 in Boulder http://www.meetup.com/Boulder-Denver-Big-Data/events/231339134/
- Open House: Big Data Processing with Apache Spark will take place 23 June 2016 in San Francisco http://www.meetup.com/Metis-San-Francisco-Data-Science/events/231743873/
- Spotkanie PJUG - Creating Test Tools oraz Data modeling with Apache Casandra will take place 23 June 2016 in Kraków http://www.meetup.com/Polish-Java-User-Group/events/231856240/
- Week 6 of Data Science Bootcamp – A summer of data, analytics and insight will take place 24 June 2016 in Toronto http://www.meetup.com/BDU-Toronto/events/231772526/
- SEA: Search Engines Amsterdam will meet 24 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/SEA-Search-Engines-Amsterdam/events/228591927/
- Database Time! will meet 24 June 2016 in Berlin http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-Beers/events/231386617/
- What the Hackathon? Will hold Build an Apache Apex (native Hadoop) Big Data Application on 25 June 2016 in San Jose http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-native-Hadoop-Ingest-and-Transform-Bay-Area/events/231697973/
- Własna wyszukiwarka w oparciu o Apache Solr will be held 25 June in Warsaw http://www.meetup.com/StacjaIT/events/231557720/
- Understanding and Building Big Data Architectures will feature Apache Kafka on 25 June 2016 in Hyderabad http://www.meetup.com/hyderabad-scalability/events/229886391/
- Data Science for Developers will meet 25 June 2016 in Toronto http://www.meetup.com/BDU-Toronto/events/231698318/
- Visualizing Big Data will take place 25 June 2016 in Bangalore http://www.meetup.com/Real-Time-Data-Processing-and-Cloud-Computing/events/231857051/
- Bangalore Mesos User Group will present Introduction to Apache Mesos on 9 July 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Bangalore-Mesos-User-Group/events/228745899/
- Atlanta Hadoop Users Group present Cutting edge with HBASE on 17 August 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Atlanta-Hadoop-Users-Group/events/230344766/
- CFP is open for the next Cassandra Summit 7-9 September 2016 in San Jose https://cfp.cassandrasummit.org/
- CloudStack Collaboration Conference Brasil will take place 29-30 September 2016 in Sao Paolo http://cloudstack.usp.br/en/index.php
- ApacheCon Europe will take place 14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain http://apachecon.com/
- The second ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/pTMX
# # #
Posted at 11:08AM Jun 17, 2016 by Sally in General | |