The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 10 June 2016
We've kicked off the week with the publication of our second Annual Report https://s.apache.org/pTMX and wrapped it up with the following activities:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's Bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 15 June 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield fantastic performance at 99.66% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- North America session recordings http://feathercast.apache.org/tag/apacheconna2016/
- Mark your calendars: Europe --14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain. Watch this space http://apachecon.com/
Apache Calcite™ Avatica –a framework for building database drivers.
- Apache Calcite Avatica 1.8.0 released https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/calcite/apache-calcite-avatica-1.8.0/
Apache Groovy™ –a powerful, optionally typed and dynamic language, with static-typing and static compilation capabilities, for the Java platform aimed at improving developer productivity thanks to a concise, familiar and easy to learn syntax.
- Apache Groovy 2.4.7 released http://groovy-lang.org
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.4.3 and 1.5.3 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Kylin™ –extreme OLAP engine for Big Data.
- Apache Kylin 126.96.36.199 released https://kylin.apache.org/download/
Apache Log4j™ –a well known framework for logging application behavior.
- Apache Log4j 2.6.1 released http://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/
Apache Mynewt –a community-driven module OS for constrained, embedded applications.
- Apache Mynewt 0.9.0-incubating released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/incubator/mynewt/apache-mynewt-0.9.0-incubating
Apache PDFBox™ –an Open Source Java tool for working with PDF documents.
- Apache PDFBox 2.0.2 released http://pdfbox.apache.org/download.cgi
Apache Syncope™ –an Open Source system for managing digital identities in enterprise environments, implemented in Java EE technology.
- Apache Syncope 1.2.8 and 2.0.0-M2 released http://syncope.apache.org/downloads.html
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Tesla Motors uses Apache Hadoop to efficiently collect & process data generated by its connected cars? http://hadoop.apache.org/
- Did you know that 315,533,038 lines of Apache code changed over the past year? An increase of 65%! https://s.apache.org/pTMX
Apache Community Notices:
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- The Bangalore Kafka Users Group will take place 11 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Bangalore-Apache-Kafka-Group/events/231361768/
- All Things Technology - BigData Pune Group will present Why Spark? on 11 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/All-Things-Technology-BigData-Pune-Group/events/231487549/
- Advanced Spark and TensorFlow Meetup will be meeting at QCon NY 2016: Spark +Kafka Streaming +TensorFlow Recommendations Pipeline 13-17 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Advanced-Spark-and-TensorFlow-Meetup/events/229209315/
- Apache Spark and Distributed Computing Maryland present Spark 2.0 Performance Improvements & Blazegraph GPU on 13 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Apache-Spark-Maryland/events/231625107/
- Big Data & Data Science - Israel will present Recommendation Systems – from scratch to a working Spark implementation on 13 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-Israel/events/230511538/
- Data Driven NYC #48 will be held 13 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/DataDrivenNYC/events/231348559/
- Fun[ctional] Spark with Scala will be held 13 June 2016 in Madrid http://www.meetup.com/Madrid-Apache-Spark-Meetup/events/231713096/
- Hadoop User Group Ireland (HUG IRL) will present Production Quality Data Science. Building Rapid Ingestion Data Pipelines on 13 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/hadoop-user-group-ireland/events/231165491/
- Houston Hadoop and Spark Meetup Group will present Spark Hands On 1-Day Workshop for Data Engineers, Data Scientists and Developers on 14 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Houston-Hadoop-Meetup-Group/events/231577283/
- Big Data Developers Philadelphia will present Introduction to Spark In-memory Computing on 14 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-Developers-in-Philadelphia/events/231046411/
- Big Data Developers New York City will present NY Water Complaint Analysis using Apache Spark on 14 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-Developers-in-NYC/events/231605051/
- Lessons Learned While Running Kafka at Scale by Gwen Shapira will be held in Tel Aviv on 14 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Big-things-are-happening-here/events/231119208/
- San Francisco Hadoop Users will meet on 14 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/hadoopsf/events/230691040/
- Data Science MD will present De-siloing data with Apache Drill on 14 June 2016 in Baltimore http://www.meetup.com/Data-Science-MD/events/231032325/
- Big Data Romandie will present "Apache Kafka A high-throughput distributed messaging system" in Geneva on 14 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-Romandie/events/231182818/
- Boise Cloud Computing Meetup will present Moving data gracefully with Apache NiFi on 14 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Boise-Cloud-Computing-Meetup/events/231429680/
- Paris Cassandra Meetup will present "Jonathan Ellis and ING present Cassandra" on 14 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Cassandra-Paris-Meetup/events/231608877/
- Sydney Cassandra Users will present Introduction to Apache Cassandra 3.X and beyond on 15 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Sydney-Cassandra-Users/events/230164958/
- Big Data Application Meetup will be held in Palo Alto on 15 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/BigDataApps/events/229659115/
- Stream Processing Meetup @ LinkedIn will feature Apache Kafka on 15 June 2015 in Mountain View http://www.meetup.com/Stream-Processing-Meetup-LinkedIn/events/231454378/
- Seattle Spark Meetup will present Spark 2.0 Highlights from Spark Summit SF 2016 on 15 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Seattle-Spark-Meetup/events/228768247/
- Grand Rapids Java Users Group will present Make Your Bus A Camel :- Apache Camel on 15 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/gr-jug/events/230463188/
- Data Science Dojo will present Scale R to Big Data Using Hadoop and Spark on 15 June 2016 in Redmond http://www.meetup.com/data-science-dojo/events/231449206/
- Data Scientists Ireland will present "Distributed deep learning on Spark" webinar on 15 June 2016 in Dublin http://www.meetup.com/DataScientistsIreland/events/231625306/
- Poznan Scala User Group will present [Paweł Jurczenko] "Apache Spark, czyli MapReduce na sterydach" on 15 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/poznanscala/events/231683071/
- Scala-Montreal will present Buffering and consuming MySQL changes via Kafka on 15 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Scala-Montreal/events/231549749/
- Vienna Spark Meetup will be held 15 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Vienna-Spark-Meetup/events/230220798/
- Atlanta Hadoop Users Group will hold Using Machine Learning Algorithms with KNIME/Apache Spark’s MLLib/TensorFlow on 15 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Atlanta-Hadoop-Users-Group/events/231028728/
- Eastcode Sessions will hold Intro to Reactive Streams on 15 June 2016 in Košice http://www.meetup.com/eastcode-sessions/events/230986509/
- Big Data Introduction will feature Hands-on Session On Stream Processing using Apache Spark and Apache Kafka on 15 June 2016 in Bangalore http://www.meetup.com/KnowBigData/events/231693979/
- Vancouver Spark Meetup will present Spark Streaming : Dealing with State on 16 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Vancouver-Spark/events/231605454/
- Melbourne Cassandra Users will present Introduction to Cassandra 3.x and beyond + Graph & Spark on 16 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Melbourne-Cassandra-Users/events/226071373/
- Java User Group Łódź will present Wstęp do Big Data: Apache Hadoop i modele obliczeń rozproszonych on 16 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Java-User-Group-Lodz/events/230364767/
- Big Data Analytics Melbourne will present Graphing it up with Cassandra and Spark on 16 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-Analytics-Meetup-Group/events/231710483/
- Vancouver Scala will present Joint Meetup: Spark Streaming & Dealing with State on 16 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/vancouver-scala/events/231690483/
- Austin Cassandra Users will hold Cassandra Summer School: Cassandra Architecture 101 on 16 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Austin-Cassandra-Users/events/230683116/
- New York Hadoop User Group will meet on 16 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Hadoop-NYC/events/231552672/
- PHASE: Philly Area Scala Enthusiasts will present Brian Clapper: RDDs, DataFrames and Datasets in Apache Spark on 16 June 2016 in Philadelphia http://www.meetup.com/scala-phase/events/229870987/
- CloudTalk and Seattle Technical Forum will partner up to present Taking Spark to the Clouds on 16 June 2016 in Bellevue http://www.meetup.com/CloudTalk/events/231204317/
- Big Data Developers Lisbon will hold All about Apache Spark on 16 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-Developers-in-Lisbon/events/231199476/
- DC/OS Taipei will feature Apache Mesos on 16 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/DC-OS-Taipei/events/231203839/
- Fairfield Technology entrepreneurship and career changers will present Introduction To Spark on 16 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Fairfield-Technology-entrepreneurship-and-career-changers/events/231338801/
- The CloudStack European User Group will take place 16 June 2016 in Berlin https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-tickets-23036757562
- Bangalore Mesos User Group will present Introduction to Apache Mesos on 9 July 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Bangalore-Mesos-User-Group/events/228745899/
- Atlanta Hadoop Users Group present Cutting edge with HBASE on 17 August 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Atlanta-Hadoop-Users-Group/events/230344766/
- CFP is open for the next Cassandra Summit 7-9 September 2016 in San Jose https://cfp.cassandrasummit.org/
- CloudStack Collaboration Conference Brasil will take place 29-30 September 2016 in Sao Paolo http://cloudstack.usp.br/en/index.php
- ApacheCon Europe will take place 14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain http://apachecon.com/
- The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Third Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (November 2015 - January 2016) is availbable at https://s.apache.org/9zLj
# # #
Posted at 03:22PM Jun 10, 2016 by Sally in General | |