The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 29 April 2016
Countdown to ApacheCon --10 days to go for the ASF's official conference + Apache: Big Data! And, as always, the Apache community keeps the wheel turning ... here's what happened over the past week:
- Next Board Meeting: 18 May 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield ongoing splendid performance at 99.71% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- Join us at Apache:Big Data and ApacheCon/YVR http://apachecon.com/
- Event highlights on FeatherCast http://feathercast.apache.org/
- Developers share why they attend https://www.linux.com/blog/5-developers-explain-why-they-attend-apachecon
Apache Apex™ –Open Source enterprise-grade unified Big Data stream and batch processing engine for Apache Hadoop.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache Apex as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/5YzB
Apache Geode (incubating) –data management platform that provides a database-like consistency model, reliable transaction processing and a shared-nothing architecture to maintain very low latency performance with high concurrency processing.
- Apache Geode 1.0.0-incubating.M2 released http://geode.incubator.apache.org/releases/
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.2.14 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Knox™ –a REST API Gateway for providing secure access to the data and processing resources of Hadoop clusters.
- Apache Knox 0.9.0 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/knox/0.9.0
Apache Lucy™ –search engine library provides full-text search for a variety of programming languages.
- Apache Lucy 0.5.1 and Apache Clownfish 0.5.1 released http://lucy.apache.org/download.html
Apache PDFBox™ –an Open Source Java tool for working with PDF documents.
- Apache PDFBox 1.8.12 and 2.0.1 released http://pdfbox.apache.org/download.cgi
Apache MyFaces™ Tobago –a well designed set of user interface components based on JSF.
- Apache Tobago 3.0.0-alpha-3 released http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/
Apache Solr™ –the popular, blazing fast, Open Source NoSQL search platform from the Apache Lucene project.
- Solr Reference Guide for 6.0 released https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr/ref-guide/apache-solr-ref-guide-6.0.pdf
Apache Subversion™ –enterprise-class centralized version control for the masses.
- Apache Subversion 1.8.16 and 1.9.4 released http://subversion.apache.org/download/#supported-releases
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the Apache DeltaSpike has celebrated its 25th release? http://deltaspike.apache.org/
- Did you know that IBM uses graph databases such as Apache Tinkerpop to catch digital con artists in the act? http://tinkerpop.apache.org/
- Did you know that ASF Brand Management has a new Twitter account for Apache Project trademarks, and other brand-related issues? https://twitter.com/ASFBrands
Apache Community Notices:
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- DFW Data Science will feature Apache Lucene, Solr, and Mahout on 2 May 2016 in Addison http://www.meetup.com/DFW-Data-Science/events/228248271/
- Apache Flink MeetUp to take place 4 May 2016 in London http://www.meetup.com/Apache-Flink-London-Meetup/
- Apache:Big Data North America will take place 9-12 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-north-america
- ApacheCon:Core North America will take place 11-13 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/
- The Stockholm Hadoop User Group will feature Apache Impala on 11 May http://www.meetup.com/stockholm-hug/events/228082101/
- Big Data Frankfurt v 2.0 will take place on 12 May 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-Frankfurt/events/227415048/
- The In-Memory Computing Summit will take place 23-24 May 2016 in San Franciscso http://imcsummit.org
- The next HBaseCon will take place 24 May 2016 in San Francisco http://hbasecon.com
- The SF Bay Area Apache Phoenix MeetUp will hold the first-ever PhoenixCon on 25 May 2016 in San Francisco http://www.meetup.com/SF-Bay-Area-Apache-Phoenix-Meetup/
- MesosCon will be held 1-2 June 2016 in Denver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/mesoscon/
- The next CloudStack Collaboration Conference will take place 1-3 June 2016 in Montreal https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/apache-cloudstacktm-conference-montreal-2016-tickets-23815552960
- Berlin Buzzwords is back 5-7 June 2016 http://berlinbuzzwords.de/
- CFP is open for the next Cassandra Summit 7-9 September 2016 in San Jose https://cfp.cassandrasummit.org/
- CloudStack Collaboration Conference Brasil will take place 29-30 September 2016 in Sao Paolo http://cloudstack.usp.br/en/index.php
- The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Third Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (November 2015 - January 2016) is availbable at https://s.apache.org/9zLj
# # #
Posted at 01:04PM Apr 29, 2016 by Sally Khudairi in General | |