The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 22 April 2016
Whilst we're ramping up for the ASF's official conference, here's what the Apache community has been up to over the past week:
- Next Board Meeting: 18 May 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield ongoing marvelous performance at 99.89% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- Join us at Apache:Big Data and ApacheCon/YVR http://apachecon.com/ and be sure to catch upcoming event highlights on FeatherCast http://feathercast.apache.org/
Apache Commons™ IO –a Java library of utilities to assist with developing IO functionality.
- Apache Commons IO 2.5 released https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-io/upgradeto2_5.html
Apache Fortress™ –a standards-based access management system, written in Java, that provides role-based access control, delegated administration and password policy services with LDAP.
- Apache Fortress 1.0.0 released http://directory.apache.org/fortress/downloads.html
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.5.1 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache NiFi™ –an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to process and distribute data.
- Apache NiFi 0.6.1 release http://nifi.apache.org/download.html
Apache POI™ –well-known in the Java field as a library for reading and writing Microsoft Office file formats, such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Publisher and Outlook.
- Apache POI 3.15-beta1 released http://poi.apache.org/download.html
Apache SINGA (incubating) –a general distributed deep learning platform for training big deep learning models over large datasets.
- Apache SINGA (incubating) 0.3.0 released http://singa.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Struts™ –an elegant, extensible framework for creating enterprise-ready Java Web applications.
- Apache Struts 22.214.171.124 GA, Apache Struts 126.96.36.199 GA, and Apache Struts 188.8.131.52 GA released http://struts.apache.org/download.cgi#struts23281 , http://struts.apache.org/download.cgi#struts23203 , and http://struts.apache.org/download.cgi#struts23243
Apache Tomcat™ –a Web server that is an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Expression Language and Java WebSocket technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 7.0.69 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-70.cgi
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the Apache Usergrid is a graph database with a REST API? http://usergrid.apache.org/
- Did you know that Swiss International Air Lines uses Apache Wicket for its eStore? http://wicket.apache.org/
- Did you know that Apache project anniversaries in April include CXF (8 years); Avro, HBase, Mahout, Nutch, Tika, and Traffic Server (6 years); Creadur and Jena (4 years); DeltaSpike (3 years); and ORC and Parquet (1 year)? https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
Apache Community Notices:
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Apache:Big Data North America will take place 9-12 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-north-america
- ApacheCon:Core North America will take place 11-13 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/
- The In-Memory Computing Summit will take place 23-24 May 2016 in San Franciscso http://imcsummit.org
- The next HBaseCon will take place 24 May 2016 in San Francisco http://hbasecon.com
- The SF Bay Area Apache Phoenix MeetUp will hold the first-ever PhoenixCon on 25 May 2016 in San Francisco http://www.meetup.com/SF-Bay-Area-Apache-Phoenix-Meetup/
- MesosCon will be held 1-2 June 2016 in Denver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/mesoscon/
- The next CloudStack Collaboration Conference will take place 1-3 June 2016 in Montreal https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/apache-cloudstacktm-conference-montreal-2016-tickets-23815552960
- Berlin Buzzwords is back 5-7 June 2016 http://berlinbuzzwords.de/
- CFP is open for the next Cassandra Summit 7-9 September 2016 in San Jose https://cfp.cassandrasummit.org/
- CloudStack Collaboration Conference Brasil will take place 29-30 September 2016 in Sao Paolo http://cloudstack.usp.br/en/index.php
- The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Third Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (November 2015 - January 2016) is availbable at https://s.apache.org/9zLj
# # #
Posted at 03:49PM Apr 22, 2016 by Sally in General | |