The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 15 April 2016
We've had a pleasantly productive week! Let's take a peek at what happened:
- Next Board Meeting: 20 April 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield ongoing great performance at 99.08% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- NEW: event highlights featured on FeatherCast! http://feathercast.apache.org/
- Register for Apache:Big Data and ApacheCon/YVR. Join us! http://apachecon.com/
Apache Allura™ –an Open Source implementation of a software forge, a Web site that manages source code repositories, bug reports, discussions, wiki pages, blogs, and more for any number of individual projects.
- Apache Allura 1.4.0 released http://allura.apache.org/
Apache Ant™ –a Java library and command-line tool that helps building software.
- Apache Ant 1.9.7 released http://ant.apache.org/bindownload.cgi
Apache Attic –provides process and solutions to make it clear when an Apache project has reached its end of life.
- Apache Wookie retired http://attic.apache.org/projects/wookie.html
Apache Camel™ –a powerful Open Source integration framework based on known Enterprise Integration Patterns.
- Apache Camel 2.16.3 released http://camel.apache.org/download.html
Apache HBase™ –an Open Source, distributed, versioned, non-relational database.
- Apache HBase 1.2.1 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/hbase/1.2.1/
Apache Kudu (incubating) –an Open Source storage engine for structured data which supports low-latency random access together with efficient analytical access patterns.
- Apache Kudu 0.8.0 released http://getkudu.io/releases/0.8.0/
Apache Lucene™ –a high-performance, full-featured text search engine library written entirely in Java.
- Apache Lucene 6.0.0 released http://lucene.apache.org/core/mirrors-core-latest-redir.html
Apache Mahout™ –creates an environment for quickly creating machine learning applications that scale and run on the highest performance parallel computation engines available.
- Apache Mahout 0.12.0 released http://www.apache.org/dist/mahout/0.11.2/
Apache MyFaces™ Core –a JavaServer™ Faces 2.2 implementation as specified by JSR-344.
- Apache MyFaces Core v2.2.10 released http://myfaces.apache.org/download.html
Apache Qpid™ JMS –newer AMQP 1.0 JMS client, based around the Qpid Proton protocol engine and implementing the AMQP JMS Mapping as it evolves at OASIS.
- Apache Qpid JMS 0.9.0 released http://qpid.apache.org/download.html
Apache Solr™ –the popular, blazing fast, Open Source NoSQL search platform from the Apache Lucene project.
- Apache Solr 6.0.0 released http://lucene.apache.org/solr/mirrors-solr-latest-redir.html
Apache Storm™ –a distributed, fault-tolerant, and high-performance realtime computation system that provides strong guarantees on the processing of data.
- Apache Storm 1.0 released http://storm.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Yetus™ –a collection of libraries and tools that enable contribution and release processes for software projects.
- Apache Yetus 0.2.1 released https://yetus.apache.org/downloads/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that in analyzing 70M comments on The Guardian, Apache Spark was used to query very large amounts of data from multiple sources? http://spark.apache.org/
- Did you know that Apache Tomcat has a new YouTube channel that features v8.5, v9, TLS, Connector and more? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpqpJ0-G1lYfUBQ6_36Au_g
Apache Community Notices:
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Spark & Hadoop User Group Munich present Spark Kickoff MeetUp on 14 April 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Hadoop-User-Group-Munich/events/228725964/
- Apache:Big Data North America will take place 9-12 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-north-america
- ApacheCon:Core North America will take place 11-13 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/
- The In-Memory Computing Summit will take place 23-24 May 2016 in San Franciscso http://imcsummit.org
- The next HBaseCon will take place 24 May 2016 in San Francisco http://hbasecon.com
- MesosCon will be held 1-2 June 2016 in Denver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/mesoscon/
- The next CloudStack Collaboration Conference will take place 1-3 June 2016 in Montreal --CFP open! https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/apache-cloudstacktm-conference-montreal-2016-tickets-23815552960
- Berlin Buzzwords is back 5-7 June 2016 http://berlinbuzzwords.de/
- CFP is open for the next Cassandra Summit 7-9 September 2016 in San Jose https://cfp.cassandrasummit.org/
- The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Third Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (November 2015 - January 2016) is availbable at https://s.apache.org/9zLj
# # #
Posted at 03:10PM Apr 17, 2016 by Sally in General | |