The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 8 April 2016
- Next Board Meeting: 20 April 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield sunshine-y performance at 99.36% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- ENDS 10 APRIL: Early Registration for Apache:Big Data and ApacheCon/YVR. Join us! http://apachecon.com/
Apache Camel™ –a powerful Open Source integration framework based on known Enterprise Integration Patterns.
- Apache Camel 2.15.6 and 2.17.0 released http://camel.apache.org/download.html
Apache Commons™ Compress –library for working with zip, ar, jar, bz2, cpio, tar, gz, dump, pack200, lzma, 7z, arj and xz files.
- Apache Commons Compress 1.11 released http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-compress/download_compress.cgi
Apache Commons™ Configuration –a generic configuration interface which enables an application to read configuration data from a variety of sources.
- Commons Configuration 2.0 released http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-configuration/download_configuration.cgi
Apache Fortress™ –a standards based Access Management System for LDAPv3 compliant systems.
- Apache Fortress 1.0-RC42 released http://directory.apache.org/fortress/downloads.html
Apache Jackrabbit™ – a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.10.2, Jackrabbit Oak 1.2.13, and Jackrabbit Oak 1.5.0 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Lens™ –a Unified Analytics interface.
- Apache Lens 2.5.0-beta released http://lens.apache.org/releases/download.html
Apache Lucy™ –search engine library provides full-text search for a variety of programming languages.
- Apache Lucy 0.5.0 released http://lucy.apache.org/download.html
Apache Lucy™ Clownfish –symbiotic object system pairs with host dynamic language environments and facilitates the development of high performance host language extensions.
- Apache Clownfish 0.5.0 released http://lucy.apache.org/download.html
Apache MyFaces™ Core –a JavaServer Faces 2.0 implementation as specified by JSR-314.
- MyFaces Core v2.1.18 and v2.0.24 released http://myfaces.apache.org/download.html
Apache Mynewt (incubating) –a community-driven module OS for constrained, embedded applications.
- Apache Mynewt 0.8.0-b2-incubating released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/incubator/mynewt/apache-mynewt-0.8.0-b2-incubating
Apache NiFi™ –an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to process and distribute data.
- Apache NiFi 0.6.0 released http://nifi.apache.org/download.html
Apache OFBiz™ –an Open Source product for the automation of enterprise processes that includes framework components and business applications.
- Apache OFBiz 12.04.06 and 13.07.03 released http://ofbiz.apache.org/download.html
Apache Olingo™ –a Java library that enables developers to implement OData service providers (server) and consumers (clients) for OData V2 and V4.
- Apache Olingo 4.2.0 released http://olingo.apache.org/doc/odata4/download.html
Apache OpenMeetings™ –provides video conferencing, instant messaging, white board, collaborative document editing and other groupware tools using API functions of the Red5 Streaming Server for Remoting and Streaming.
- Apache OpenMeetings 3.1.0 and 3.1.1. released http://openmeetings.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Syncope™ –an Open Source system for managing digital identities in enterprise environments, implemented in Java EE technology.
- Apache Syncope 2.0.0-M2 released http://syncope.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Tajo™ –Big Data warehouse that provides distributed and scalable SQL analytical processing on Apache Hadoop.
- Apache Tajo 0.11.2 released http://tajo.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Tomcat™ –a Web server that is an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Expression Language and Java WebSocket technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 8.0.33 and 8.5.0 BETA available http://tomcat.apache.org/download-80.cgi
Apache UIMA™ uimaFIT –a library that facilitates the building of Apache UIMA components, the programmatic use of Apache UIMA analysis pipelines, and their testing.
- Apache uimaFIT 2.2.0 released http://uima.apache.org/downloads.cgi#Latest Official Releases
Apache Wave (incubating) –a distributed, near-real-time, rich collaboration platform that allows users to work together in new and exciting ways.
- Apache Wave Release 0.4.0-incubating released https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/wave/0.4.0-incubating/
Did You Know?
Apache Community Notices:
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Spark & Hadoop User Group Munich present Spark Kickoff MeetUp on 14 April 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Hadoop-User-Group-Munich/events/228725964/
- Apache:Big Data North America will take place 9-12 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-north-america
- ApacheCon:Core North America will take place 11-13 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/
- The In-Memory Computing Summit will take place 23-24 May 2016 in San Franciscso http://imcsummit.org
- The next HBaseCon will take place 24 May 2016 in San Francisco http://hbasecon.com
- MesosCon will be held 1-2 June 2016 in Denver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/mesoscon/
- The next CloudStack Collaboration Conference will take place 1-3 June 2016 in Montreal --CFP open! https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/apache-cloudstacktm-conference-montreal-2016-tickets-23815552960
- Berlin Buzzwords is back 5-7 June 2016 http://berlinbuzzwords.de/
- CFP is open for the next Cassandra Summit 7-9 September 2016 in San Jose https://cfp.cassandrasummit.org/
- The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Third Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (November 2015 - January 2016) is availbable at https://s.apache.org/9zLj
# # #
Posted at 12:22PM Apr 01, 2016 by Sally in General | |