The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 25 March 2016
Today is the 17th Anniversary of The Apache Software Foundation! Thank you to the dedicated developers, loyal users, tireless contributors, and countless enthusiasts behind Apache's diverse products, brand, and community. ASF Chairman Brett Porter and I have highlighted 17 ways Apache has grown from strength to strength https://s.apache.org/eqwI
Join us in wishing the ASF many happy returns! And, of course, below is a summary of our accomplishments over the past week:
- Next Board Meeting: 20 April 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Membership –from the inaugural membership of 21 individuals, the ASF has grown to 588 individual members and 5,317 Committers collaborating across six continents.
- New Member voting complete; new Members will be announced within 30 days https://wiki.apache.org/general/MemberVoting
- New Board elected: welcome newcomers Isabel Drost-Fromm, Marvin Humphrey, and Mark Thomas, who join re-elected Board members Shane Curcuru, Bertrand Delacretaz, Jim Jagielski, Chris Mattmann, Brett Porter, and Greg Stein. Special thanks to outgoing Board members Rich Bowen, David Nalley, and Sam Ruby for their invaluable service! http://apache.org/foundation/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- Now 7M+ weekly checks yield precision-level performance at 99.99% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- Keynotes + Program announced for Apache:Big Data and ApacheCon. Join us! http://apachecon.com/
Apache Calcite™ –dynamic data management framework.
- Apache Calcite 1.7.0 and Avatica 1.7.1 released http://calcite.apache.org/news/2016/03/22/release-1.7.0/ and http://calcite.apache.org/avatica/downloads/
Apache Commons™ Math –a library of lightweight, self-contained mathematics and statistics components addressing the most common problems not available in the Java programming language or Commons Lang.
- Apache Commons Math 3.6.1 Released https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-math/download_math.cgi
Apache Kylin™ –Open Source petabyte-scale Big Data distributed analytics engine.
- Apache Kylin 1.5.0 released https://kylin.apache.org/download/
Apache PDFBox™ –Open Source Java tool for working with PDF documents.
- The Apache® Software Foundation announces Apache PDFBox™ v2.0 https://s.apache.org/Ly9B
Apache Qpid™ Proton –an AMQP 1.0 messaging library that can be used in a wide range of messaging applications including brokers, clients, routers, bridges, proxies, and more.
- Apache Qpid Proton 0.12.1 released http://qpid.apache.org/download.html
Apache Struts™ –an elegant, extensible framework for creating enterprise-ready Java Web applications.
- Apache Struts 2.3.28 GA released http://struts.apache.org/download.cgi#struts2328
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the ASF has been accepted as a 2016 Google Summer of Code Mentoring Organization since the program began in 2005? Students and Mentors welcome! http://community.apache.org/gsoc.html
- Did you know that the Apache Commons community has accepted Chimera as new Apache Commons component? http://markmail.org/message/4qf3qtkwdqcre7tj
Apache Community Notices:
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Apache:Big Data North America will take place 9-12 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-north-america
- ApacheCon:Core North America will take place 11-13 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/
- The next HBaseCon will take place 24 May in San Francisco http://hbasecon.com
- MesosCon will be held 1-2 June 2016 in Denver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/mesoscon/
- Berlin Buzzwords is back 5-7 June 2016 http://berlinbuzzwords.de/
- CFP is open for the next Cassandra Summit 7-9 September 2016 in San Jose https://cfp.cassandrasummit.org/
- The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Third Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (November 2015 - January 2016) is availbable at https://s.apache.org/9zLj
# # #
Posted at 12:03PM Mar 25, 2016 by Sally in General | |