The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 18 March 2016
With 5,423 committers innovating, developing, and maintaining nearly 350 projects and intiatives, the collective Apache community is continually productive. Let's take a look at this past week's achievements:
- Next Board Meeting: 20 April 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Membership –from the inaugural membership of 21 individuals, the ASF has grown to 588 individual members and 5,317 Committers collaborating across six continents.
- Next Members' Meeting: 22 March 2016. Official business + New Member voting http://www.apache.org/foundation/members.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- Now 7M+ weekly checks yield precision-level performance at 99.99% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- Keynotes + Program announced for Apache:Big Data and ApacheCon; early registration ends soon http://apachecon.com/
Apache Hama™ –a pure BSP (Bulk Synchronous Parallel) computing framework on top of HDFS (Hadoop Distributed File System) for massive scientific computations such as matrix, graph and network algorithms.
- Apache Hama 0.7.1 released http://www.apache.org/dist/hama/
Apache Kylin™ –Open Source petabyte-scale Big Data distributed analytics engine.
- Apache Kylin 1.3.0 released https://kylin.apache.org/download/
Apache Mahout™ –an environment for quickly creating machine learning applications that scale and run on the highest performance parallel computation engines available.
- Apache Mahout 0.11.2 released http://www.apache.org/dist/mahout/0.11.2/
Apache Taverna (incubating) – a domain-independent suite of tools used to design and execute data-driven workflows.
- Apache Taverna Language 0.15.1-incubating and Apache Taverna OSGi 0.2.1-incubating https://taverna.incubator.apache.org/download/language/
Apache Tomcat™ –a Web server that is an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Expression Language and Java WebSocket technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M4 available http://tomcat.apache.org/download-90.cgi
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the ASF has been accepted as a 2016 Google Summer of Code Mentoring Organization? Both Students and Mentors wanted http://markmail.org/message/ddx3c3of4h45px3q
- Did you know that you can help Apache JMeter v3.0 with nightly build testing and reporting any issues? https://builds.apache.org/job/JMeter-trunk/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/trunk/dist/
Apache Community Notices:
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Apache:Big Data North America will take place 9-12 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-north-america
- ApacheCon:Core North America will take place 11-13 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/
- The next HBaseCon will take place 24 May in San Francisco http://hbasecon.com
- MesosCon will be held 1-2 June 2016 in Denver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/mesoscon/
- Berlin Buzzwords is back 5-7 June 2016 http://berlinbuzzwords.de/
- CFP is open for the next Cassandra Summit 7-9 September 2016 in San Jose https://cfp.cassandrasummit.org/
- The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Third Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (November 2015 - January 2016) is availbable at https://s.apache.org/9zLj
# # #
Posted at 02:42PM Mar 18, 2016 by Sally Khudairi in General | |