The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 4 March 2016
Welcome March! Here's a peek at what's happened with the Apache community over the past week:
- Next Board Meeting: 16 March 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
- The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Third Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (November 2015 - January 2016) https://s.apache.org/9zLj
ASF Membership –from the inaugural membership of 21 individuals, the ASF has grown to 588 individual members and 5,317 Committers collaborating across six continents.
- Next Members' Meeting: 22 March 2016. Official business + New Member voting
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 6M+ weekly checks yield glowing performance at 99.89% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation. Apache:Big Data + ApacheCon North America - Vancouver will take place 9-13 May 2016 http://apachecon.com/ --Early Registration ends 4 March.
- Keynotes + Program for Apache:Big Data announced; early registration ends soon https://apachebigdata2016.sched.org/
Apache Accumulo™ –a robust, scalable, high performance data storage system (sorted, distributed key/value store) that features cell-based access control and customizable server-side processing.
- Apache Accumulo 1.7.1 released https://accumulo.apache.org/downloads/
Apache Attic –provides process and solutions to make it clear when an Apache project has reached its end of life.
- Apache Onami retired https://s.apache.org/KITj
- Apache Rave retired https://s.apache.org/eP3W
Apache HttpComponents™ Client –a HTTP/1.1 compliant HTTP agent implementation based on HttpCore (a set of low level HTTP transport components that can be used to build custom client and server side HTTP services with a minimal footprint).
- Apache HttpComponents Client 4.5.2 GA released http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.12.1 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Apache Kudu (incubating) –an Open Source storage engine for structured data which supports low-latency random access together with efficient analytical access patterns.
- Apache Kudu (incubating) 0.7.0 released http://getkudu.io/releases/0.7.0/
Apache MRQL (incubating) –a query processing and optimization system for large-scale, distributed data analysis, built on top of Apache Hadoop, Hama, Spark, and Flink.
- Apache MRQL 0.9.6-incubating released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/mrql
Apache NiFi™ –an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to process and distribute data.
- Apache NiFi 0.5.1 released http://nifi.apache.org/download.html
- Did you know that all projects in the Apache Incubator, including those newly accepted, can be found at http://incubator.apache.org/projects/index.html ?
- Did you know that The Groovy Podcast covers topics pertaining to the Apache Groovy programming language and its ecosystem? http://groovypodcast.podbean.com/
Apache Community Notices:
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Apache:Big Data North America will take place 9-12 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-north-america
- ApacheCon:Core North America will take place 11-13 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/
- The next HBaseCon will take place 24 May in San Francisco http://hbasecon.com
- MesosCon will be held 1-2 June 2016 in Denver --CFP open through 9 March http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/mesoscon/
- Berlin Buzzwords is back 5-7 June 2016 http://berlinbuzzwords.de/
- The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Third Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (November 2015 - January 2016) is availbable at https://s.apache.org/9zLj
# # #
Posted at 04:49PM Mar 04, 2016 by Sally in General | |