The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 26 February 2016
We're wrapping up February with the following activities from within the Apache community:
ASF Operations –the day-to-day heartbeat of the Foundation, from accounting and administration to infrastructure and brand mangement and beyond.
- The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Third Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (November 2015 - January 2016) https://s.apache.org/9zLj
- Next Board Meeting: 16 March 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Membership –from the inaugural membership of 21 individuals, the ASF has grown to 588 individual members and 5,317 Committers collaborating across six continents.
- Next Members' Meeting: 22 March 2016. Official business, New Member voting will take place (candidates are Apache Committers who demonstrate merit in the Foundation's growth, evolution, and progress).
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 6M+ weekly checks yields splendid performance at 99.63% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation. Apache:Big Data + ApacheCon North America - Vancouver will take place 9-13 May 2016 http://apachecon.com/ --Early Registration ends 4 March.
- How Apache Travel Assistance helped me get to ApacheCon http://www.apache.org/travel/stories/
- Travel Assistance applications close 2 March http://www.apache.org/travel/
Apache Groovy™ –a multi-facet programming language for the JVM.
- Apache Groovy 2.4.6 released http://www.groovy-lang.org/download.html
Apache HBase™ –the Hadoop database: a distributed, scalable, versioned, non-relational Big Data store.
- Apache HBase 1.2.0 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/hbase/1.2.0/
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.3.16 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache JSPWiki™ –a feature-rich and extensible WikiWiki engine built around the standard JEE components (Java, servlets, JSP).
- Apache JSPWiki 2.10.2 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/jspwiki/
Apache Kafka™ –Open Source petabyte-scale Big Data distributed analytics engine.
- Apache Kafka 0.9.0.1 released https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.9.0.1/kafka-0.9.0.1-src.tgz
Apache Lucene™ –a high-performance, full-featured text search engine library written entirely in Java.
- Apache Lucene 5.5.0 released http://lucene.apache.org/core/mirrors-core-latest-redir.html
Apache Qpid™ JMS –our newer AMQP 1.0 JMS client, based around the Qpid Proton protocol engine and implementing the AMQP JMS Mapping as it evolves at OASIS.
- Apache Qpid JMS 0.8.0 released http://qpid.apache.org/download.html
Apache Solr™ –the popular, blazing fast, Open Source NoSQL search platform from the Apache Lucene project.
- Apache Solr 5.5.0 released http://lucene.apache.org/solr/mirrors-solr-latest-redir.html
Apache Tomcat™ –a Web server that is an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Expression Language and Java WebSocket technologies.
- CVE Security updates http://tomcat.apache.org/security
Did You Know?
- Did you know that 56 years of effort (COCOMO model) from 220 contributors has gone into Apache LibCloud? http://libcloud.apache.org/
- Did you know that Capital One uses Apache Apex (incubating) for Big Data analytics? http://apex.incubator.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- The next CloudStack European User Group will be held 3 March 2016 in London https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-tickets-19726408218
- Apache:Big Data North America will take place 9-12 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-north-america
- ApacheCon:Core North America will take place 11-13 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/
- The next HBaseCon will take place 24 May in San Francisco --CFP and Early Bird Registration now open http://hbasecon.com
- MesosCon will be held 1-2 June 2016 in Denver --CFP open through 9 March http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/mesoscon/
- The ASF Operations Summary: Second Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (August-October 2015) is available at http://s.apache.org/M0R
# # #
Posted at 03:30PM Feb 26, 2016 by Sally in General | |