The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 29 January 2016
- Next Board Meeting: 17 February 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- ENDING SOON: 12 February CFP closes for Apache:Big Data + ApacheCon North America - Vancouver http://apachecon.com/
- Apply by 2 March: Travel Assistance to ApacheCon North America http://www.apache.org/travel/
- Register by 6 March: sign up and save $400! http://apachecon.com/
Apache Calcite™ –dynamic data management framework
- Apache Calcite 1.6.0 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/calcite/apache-calcite-1.6.0/
Apache Camel™ –a powerful Open Source integration framework based on known Enterprise Integration Patterns.
- Apache Camel 2.16.2 Released http://camel.apache.org/download.html
Apache Hive™ –data warehouse software that facilitates querying and managing large datasets residing in distributed storage.
- CVE-2015-7521: Apache Hive authorization bug disclosure http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201601.mbox/%3C20160128205008.2154F185EB%40minotaur.apache.org%3E
Apache HttpComponents™ Client – a library for client-side HTTP communication built on HttpCore.
- Apache HttpComponents Client 5.0 Alpha1 released http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a complementary implementation of the JCR specification. It is an effort to implement a scalable and performant hierarchical content repository for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.2.10 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache libcloud™ –a Python library that abstracts away the differences among multiple cloud provider APIs.
- Apache libcloud 1.0.0-pre1 release http://libcloud.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Lucene™ –a high-performance, full-featured text search engine library written entirely in Java.
- Apache Lucene 5.3.2 and 5.4.1 released http://lucene.apache.org/core/mirrors-core-latest-redir.html
Apache Solr™ –the popular, blazing fast, open source NoSQL search platform from the Apache Lucene project.
- Apache Solr 5.3.2 and 5.4.1 released http://lucene.apache.org/solr/mirrors-solr-latest-redir.html
Apache Struts™ – an elegant, extensible framework for creating enterprise-ready Java Web applications.
- Apache Struts 2.5-BETA3 Beta released http://struts.apache.org/download.cgi#struts-beta
Apache Zeppelin (incubating) –a collaborative data analytics and visualization tool for distributed, general-purpose data processing systems such as Apache Spark, Apache Flink, etc.
- Apache Zeppelin 0.5.6-incubating released http://zeppelin.incubator.apache.org/download.html
- Did you know that Apache Cordova 6.0.0 is out, and includes support for Android Marshmallow (6.x) and iOS 9 support? http://cordova.apache.org/news/2016/01/28/tools-release.html
Apache Community Notices:
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- The ASF will be at FOSDEM 2016 in Brussels 30-31 January 2016 https://fosdem.org/ --grab some swag featuring our new logo! https://twitter.com/Humbedooh/status/692332892475801604
- The IoT / Industrial Internet Bay Area Meetup will be featuring Apache Apex (incubating) on 1 February 2016 in San Ramon http://www.meetup.com/IoT-Industrial-Internet-Bay-Area-Meetup/events/226364461/
- Big Data Hyderabad will present "Big Data Processing with Apache Spark" on 6 February 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-Hyderabad/events/227853405/
- The next CloudStack European User Group will be held 3 March 2016 in London https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-tickets-19726408218
- Apache:Big Data North America will take place 9-12 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-north-america
- ApacheCon:Core North America will take place 11-13 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/
- MesosCon will be held 1-2 June 2016 in Denver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/mesoscon/ (CFP open through 9 March!)
- The ASF Operations Summary: Second Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (August-October 2015) is available at http://s.apache.org/M0R
Posted at 02:20PM Jan 29, 2016 by Sally in General | |