The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 25 December 2015
The collective Apache Community wishes you happy holidays and New Year! As the year winds down, we're still hard at work: here's what's happened this week:
ASF Board –the ASF Board is responsible for management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's Bylaws.
- The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: August-October 2015 http://s.apache.org/M0R
- Next Board Meeting: 20 January 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 6M+ weekly checks yielded a fabulous 99.96% uptime over the past week http://status.apache.org/ Check against established SLAs http://status.apache.org/sla/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- Call For Participation: Apache:Big Data North America - Vancouver 9-12 May 2016 http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-north-america/program/cfp
- Call For Participation: ApacheCon:Core North America - Vancouver 11-13 May 2016 http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/program/cfp
- Applications OPEN: Travel Assistance to ApacheCon North America http://www.apache.org/travel/
Apache Directory™ LDAP API 3– an ongoing effort to provide an enhanced LDAP API, as a replacement for JNDI and the existing LDAP API (jLdap and Mozilla LDAP API).
- Apache Directory LDAP API 1.0.0-M33 released http://directory.apache.org/api/downloads.html
Apache DS™ –an extensible and embeddable directory server entirely written in Java, which has been certified LDAPv3 compatible by the Open Group.
- ApacheDS 2.0.0-M21 released http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/downloads.html
Apache HTTP Server™ –the world's most popular Web server since 1996.
- Apache HTTP Server 2.4.18 released http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi
Apache Knox™ – a REST API Gateway for providing secure access to the data and processing resources of Hadoop clusters.
- Apache Knox 0.7.0 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/knox/0.7.0
Apache Kylin™ –an Open Source Distributed Analytics Engine designed to provide SQL interface and multi-dimensional analysis (OLAP) on Hadoop supporting extremely large datasets.
- Apache Kylin 1.2 released http://kylin.apache.org/download/
Apache NiFi™ –an easy to use, powerful, and reliable dataflow system to process and distribute data.
- Apache NiFi 0.4.1 released http://nifi.apache.org/download.html
Apache Olingo™ –a Java library that enables developers to implement OData service providers (server) and consumers (clients).
- Apache Olingo 4.1.0 released http://olingo.apache.org/doc/odata4/download.html
Apache POI™ –well-known in the Java field as a library for reading and writing Microsoft Office file formats, such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Publisher and Outlook. - Apache POI 3.14-beta1 released http://poi.apache.org/download.html
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Finnish Savings Banks Group uses Apache Wicket for scalability and security? http://wicket.apache.org/
- Did you know that social media management system AgoraPulse uses the Apache Groovy ecosystem for significant boost in productivity and agility? http://groovy.apache.org/
- Did you know that Apache Syncope leads in CrowdReviews.com's Cloud and desktop categories for best Identity Management Software? http://syncope.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- The ASF will be participating (exhibition booth, Developer Rooms, and more) at FOSDEM 2016 in Brussels 30-31 January 2016 https://fosdem.org/
- The next CloudStack European User Group will be held 3 March 2016 in London https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-tickets-19726408218
- Apache:Big Data North America will take place 9-12 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-north-america
- ApacheCon:Core North America will take place 11-13 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/
- The ASF Operations Summary: Second Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (August-October 2015) is available at http://s.apache.org/M0R
Posted at 01:28AM Dec 26, 2015 by Sally in General | |