The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 18 December 2015
The Apache community of 550+ Members and 5,200+ Committers successfully collaborate across seven continents. Even as the year winds down, we're still hard at work! Here's what's happened over the past week:
ASF Board –the ASF Board is responsible for management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's Bylaws.
- The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: August-October 2015 http://s.apache.org/M0R
- Next Board Meeting: 20 January 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 6M+ weekly checks yielded a fabulous 99.96% uptime over the past week http://status.apache.org/ Check against established SLAs http://status.apache.org/sla/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- Call For Participation: Apache:Big Data North America - Vancouver 9-12 May 2016 http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-north-america/program/cfp
- Call For Participation: ApacheCon:Core North America - Vancouver 11-13 May 2016 http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/program/cfp
- Applications OPEN: Travel Assistance to ApacheCon North America http://www.apache.org/travel/
Apache Jackrabbit™ – a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.2.9 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Jena™ –an Open Source Java-based framework for building Semantic Web and Linked Data applications.
- Apache Jena 3.0.1 released http://jena.apache.org/download/
Apache libcloud™ –a Python library that abstracts away the differences among multiple cloud provider APIs.
- Apache libcloud 0.20.0 released http://libcloud.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Lucene™ –a high-performance, full-featured text search engine library written entirely in Java.
- Apache Lucene 5.4.0 released https://lucene.apache.org/core/5_4_0/changes/Changes.html
Apache MyFaces™ –a JavaServer(tm) Faces 2.2 implementation as specified by JSR-344.
- Apache MyFaces Core v2.2.9 released http://myfaces.apache.org/download.html
Apache NiFi™ –an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to process and distribute data. Apache NiFi was made for dataflow.
- Apache NiFi 0.4.0 released http://nifi.apache.org/download.html
Apache Nutch™ –a well matured, production ready Web crawler that enables fine-grained configuration, relying on Apache Hadoop data structures, which are great for batch processing.
- Apache Nutch 1.11 released http://nutch.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Solr™ –the popular, blazing fast, Open Source NoSQL search platform from the Apache Lucene project.
- Apache Solr 5.4.0 released http://lucene.apache.org/solr/mirrors-solr-latest-redir.html
- Reference Guide for Apache Solr 5.4 available https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr/ref-guide/
Apache Subversion™ –enterprise-class centralized version control for the masses.
- Apache Subversion 1.8.15 and 1.9.3 released http://subversion.apache.org/download/#supported-releases
Apache Tomcat™ Native Library –provides portable API for features not found in contemporary JDKs.
- Apache Tomcat Native 1.1.34 and 1.2.3 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-native.cgi
Apache Yetus™ –a collection of libraries and tools that enable contribution and release processes for software projects.
- Apache Yetus 0.1.0 released https://yetus.apache.org/downloads/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Apache Flink now supports out of order streams, high availability, real-time monitoring, and more? http://flink.apache.org/
- Did you know that Apache Groovy has been downloaded more than 11 million times since the beginning of 2015? http://groovy.apache.org/
- Did you know that Apache project birthdays in December include Apache Portable Runtime (2000); Apache Logging Services (2003); Cayenne, OFBiz, and Tiles (2006); Synapse (2007); Camel (2008); Axis, OpenWebBeans, Pivot (2009); Aries (2010); ACE (2011); Flex and Wink (2012); Helix (2013); Falcon and Flink (2014)? https://projects.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Data Scientists Project Group will present "Intro to Data Analysis with Scala and Spark" on 19 December in Mountain Viewhttp://www.meetup.com/StudyGroups/events/225889391/
- The Kathmandu Apache Spark Meetup presents "Introduction to Apache Spark - Lightning-Fast Cluster Computing" on 19 December http://www.meetup.com/Kathmandu-Apache-Spark-Meetup/events/226446244/
- The first Apache Spark@Hsinchu 新竹 MeetUp will take place 23 December http://www.meetup.com/Apache-Spark-Hsinchu/events/227227891/
- Ankara Big Data MeetUp presents "Hadoop Ecosystem" on 23 December http://www.meetup.com/ankara-big-data-meetup/events/227108556/
- The Bay Area Search MeetUp will be held 23 December in San Jose http://www.meetup.com/Bay-Area-Search/events/225377136/
- The ASF will be participating (exhibition booth, Developer Rooms, and more) at FOSDEM 2016 in Brussels 30-31 January 2016 https://fosdem.org/
- The next CloudStack European User Group will be held 3 March 2016 in London https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-tickets-19726408218
- Apache:Big Data North America will take place 9-12 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-north-america
- ApacheCon:Core North America will take place 11-13 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/
- The ASF Operations Summary: Second Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (August-October 2015) is available at http://s.apache.org/M0R
Posted at 03:02PM Dec 18, 2015 by Sally Khudairi in General | |