The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 11 December 2015
We've had another greatly productive week at the ASF! Here's what's happened within the Apache community:
ASF Board –the ASF Board is responsible for management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's Bylaws.
- The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: August-October 2015 http://s.apache.org/M0R
- Next Board Meeting: 16 December. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 6M+ weekly checks yielded a fabulous 99.96% uptime over the past week http://status.apache.org/ Check against established SLAs http://status.apache.org/sla/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- Call For Participation: Apache:Big Data North America - Vancouver 9-12 May 2016 http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-north-america/program/cfp
- Call For Participation: ApacheCon:Core North America - Vancouver 11-13 May 2016 http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/program/cfp
- Applications OPEN: Travel Assistance to ApacheCon North America http://www.apache.org/travel/
Apache Allura™ –an Open Source implementation of a software forge, a Web site that manages source code repositories, bug reports, discussions, wiki pages, blogs, and more for any number of individual projects.
- Apache Allura 1.3.2 released http://allura.apache.org/
Apache Commons™ Configuration –Open Source software library provides a generic configuration interface which enables an application to read configuration data from a variety of sources.
- Apache Commons Configuration 2.0-beta2 released http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-configuration/download_configuration.cgi
Apache Jackrabbit™ – a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.11.3, Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.25, and Jackrabbit Oak 1.3.12 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Kylin™ –Open Source petabyte-scale Big Data distributed analytics engine.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache Kylin as a Top-Level Project http://s.apache.org/GZx
Apache log4net™ –a tool to help the programmer output log statements to a variety of output targets.
- Apache log4net 1.2.15 released http://logging.apache.org/log4net/download_log4net.cgi
Apache Nutch™ –a well matured, production ready Web crawler that enables fine-grained configuration, relying on Apache Hadoop data structures, which are great for batch processing.
- Apache Nutch 1.11 released http://nutch.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Stratos™ –a PaaS framework that is designed to address the various challenges currently faced in the Cloud PaaS space.
- Apache Stratos 4.1.5 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/stratos
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language and Java WebSocket technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 7.0.67 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-70.cgi and Apache Tomcat 8.0.30 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-80.cgi
Did You Know?
- Did you know that you can help test the the Apache httpd (Apache HTTP Web Server) 2.4.18 candidate? http://s.apache.org/9Lg
- Did you know that health insurance providers Oscar uses Apache Mesos and Apache Aurora to manage the fault tolerant deployment, scheduling, and resource management of their services and jobs? http://mesos.apache.org/ and http://aurora.apache.org/
- Did you know that Big Data projects Impala, Kudu, and Metron have entered the Apache Incubator as new podlings this month? http://incubator.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Apache Spark - Introduction to Spark Streaming and Deep dive will be held 12 December in Bangalore http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-Developers-in-Bangalore/events/227008581/
- New York City Data Science will hold its Hadoop & Spark Panel Discussion on 14 December http://www.meetup.com/Metis-New-York-Data-Science/events/226677813/
- Toronto Apache Spark #4 will be held 14 December http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Apache-Spark/events/226531082/
- Spark on Mesos - "The Road Less Travelled" & Profiling users using Spark will be held 15 December in Tel Aviv http://www.meetup.com/Big-things-are-happening-here/events/225339994/
- Bangalore Hadoop Meetups will hold a General Big Data MeetUp on 16 December http://www.meetup.com/Bangalore-Hadoop-Meetups/events/227206435/
- The Apache Spark Workshop will be held 16 December in Cluj-Napoca http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-Data-Science-Meetup-Cluj-Napoca/events/227169515/
- The Bay Area In-Memory Computing Meetup will present "In-Memory Computing with Apache Ignite" on 16 December in Sunnyvale http://www.meetup.com/Bay-Area-In-Memory-Computing/events/226754108/
- Houston's first Spark MeetUp will be held 17 December http://www.meetup.com/Houston-Spark-Meetup/events/227185659/
- Data Scientists Project Group will present "Intro to Data Analysis with Scala and Spark" on 19 December in Mountain View http://www.meetup.com/StudyGroups/events/225889391/
- The Kathmandu Apache Spark Meetup presents "Introduction to Apache Spark - Lightning-Fast Cluster Computing" on 19 December http://www.meetup.com/Kathmandu-Apache-Spark-Meetup/events/226446244/
- The first Apache Spark@Hsinchu 新竹 MeetUp will take place 23 December http://www.meetup.com/Apache-Spark-Hsinchu/events/227227891/
- Ankara Big Data MeetUp presents "Hadoop Ecosystem" on 23 December http://www.meetup.com/ankara-big-data-meetup/events/227108556/
- The Bay Area Search MeetUp will be held 23 December in San Jose http://www.meetup.com/Bay-Area-Search/events/225377136/
- The ASF will be participating (exhibition booth, Developer Rooms, and more) at FOSDEM 2016 in Brussels 30-31 January 2016 https://fosdem.org/
- The next CloudStack European User Group will be held 3 March 2016 in London https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-tickets-19726408218
- Apache:Big Data North America will take place 9-12 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-north-america
- ApacheCon:Core North America will take place 11-13 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/
- The ASF Operations Summary: Second Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (August-October 2015) is available at http://s.apache.org/M0R
Posted at 02:12PM Dec 11, 2015 by Sally in General | |