The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 7 August 2015
With the Apache footprint covering 7 continents, we seemingly never break for holidays! Here's what happened over the past week:
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- Registration open for Apache: Big Data 28-30 September and ApacheCon: Core Europe 1-2 October in Budapest http://s.apache.org/eg4
- 35,000+ weekly infrastructure checks yielded a fabulous 99.94% uptime over the past week http://status.apache.org/
Apache Commons™ Pool –Open Source software library provides an object-pooling API and a number of object pool implementations.
- Apache Commons Pool 2.4.2 released http://commons.apache.org/pool/download_pool.cgi
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.18 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Logging Services™ –producers of the most used Open Source logging framework ever.
- Apache Logging Services Project Announces Log4j 1 End-Of-Life; Recommends Upgrade to Log4j 2 http://s.apache.org/Wzn
Apache Mahout™ –an Open Source environment for quickly creating machine learning applications that scale and run on the highest performance parallel computation engines available.
- Apache Mahout 0.10.2 released http://www.apache.org/dist/mahout/0.10.2/
Apache Stratos™ –a highly-extensible Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) framework that helps run Apache Tomcat, PHP, and MySQL applications that can be extended to support many more environments on all major Cloud infrastructures.
- Apache Stratos 4.1.0 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/stratos
Apache Syncope™ – an Open Source system for managing digital identities in enterprise environments, implemented in JEE technology.
- Apache Syncope 1.2.5 released http://syncope.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Zeppelin (Incubating) –a Web-based notebook that enables interactive data analytics with many different distributed computing back-end system support, to make data analytics more fun and enjoyable.
- Apache Zeppelin 0.5.0-incubating released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/zeppelin/0.5.0-incubating
Apache Zest™ –Open Source Composite Oriented Programming platform and tools provides "New Energy For Java".
- The Apache Software Foundation announces Apache™ Zest™ v2.1 http://s.apache.org/WMr
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- The Istanbul Spark Meetup will host "Hadoop ile Merhaba Dünya (Workshop)" on 8 August in Istanbul http://www.meetup.com/Istanbul-Spark-Meetup/events/223599737/
- The Advanced Apache Spark Meetup will feature Apache Spark and Kafka on 10 August in Mountain View http://www.meetup.com/Advanced-Apache-Spark-Meetup/events/223910462/
- The Houston Hadoop Meetup Group will feature Apache Solr on 11 August http://www.meetup.com/Houston-Hadoop-Meetup-Group/events/223231943/
- The Boston Area Cloud Foundry Meetup will feature Apache Mesos on 11 August in Cambridge http://www.meetup.com/Boston-Area-Cloud-Foundry-Meetup/events/224306788/
- Code.Brew will feature "Enterprise Dataflow with Apache NiFi" on 13 August in Dulles http://www.meetup.com/Code-Brew/events/223935951/
- The Seattle JS MeetUp will host "Apache Cordova and Maker.js" on 13 August http://www.meetup.com/seattlejs/events/220102652/
- The NJ Data Science - Apache Spark MeetUp will present "Spark Streaming" on 13 August in Princeton http://www.meetup.com/nj-datascience/events/222851584/
- The Big Data & NoSQL Meetup Hamburg will feature Apache Spark on 13 August http://www.meetup.com/BDNSHH/events/223963763/
- The Bay Area Apache Flink Meetup announces a 20% discount code and presentation on Apache Flink at the Big Data Scala By the Bay Conference on 17 August in Oakland http://www.meetup.com/Bay-Area-Apache-Flink-Meetup/events/224213826/
- Beta Test Apache Cassandra Certification will be held 17 August in Santa Clara http://www.meetup.com/DataStax-Cassandra-South-Bay-Users/events/224269417/
- ASF Member Joan Touzet will keynote the Texas Linux Fest 21-22 August in San Marcos https://2015.texaslinuxfest.org/
- The Big Data Innovation conference will feature an "Apache Innovation" track 9-10 September in Boston http://theinnovationenterprise.com/summits/big-data-innovation-boston-2015/
- Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon: Core Europe will be held 28 September - 1 October in Budapest http://apachecon.com/
- The first Apache Flink Conference, Flink Forward, will be held 12-13 October in Berlin http://flink-forward.org
- The next Lucene/Solr Revolution will be held 13-16 October in Austin http://www.lucenerevolution.org
- The ASF will be at FOSDEM 2016 in Brussels 6-8 February 2016 https://fosdem.org/
Posted at 01:49PM Aug 07, 2015 by Sally in General | |