The Apache News Round-up: week ending 10 July 2015
The Apache community of 550+ Members and 4,700+ Committers successfully collaborate across seven continents. Here's what we've been up to over the past week:
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- DEADLINE: CFP closes on 10 July for "Apache: Big Data" 28-30 September 2015 in Budapest http://apachecon.com/
ASF Board –the ASF Board is responsible for management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's Bylaws.
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- The ASF Infrastructure team runs more than 35,000 weekly checks for each service provided. Uptime over the past week has been a super-swell 99.36% http://status.apache.org/
ASF Travel Assistance –this committee evaluates and provides financial assistance to those who would otherwise be unable to attend various ApacheCon events.
Apache Accumulo™ –a sorted, distributed key/value store based on Google's BigTable design, built on top of Apache Hadoop, ZooKeeper, and Thrift.
Apache Directory™ LDAP client API –an ongoing effort to provide an enhanced LDAP API, as a replacement for JNDI and the existing LDAPAPI (jLdap and Mozilla LDAP API).
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language and Java WebSocket technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 7.0.63 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-70.cgi
- Apache Tomcat 8.0.24 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-80.cgi
Apache Traffic Server™ –a fast, scalable and extensible HTTP/1.1 compliant caching proxy server that can be used as a reverse, forward, or even transparent HTTP proxy.
- Apache Traffic Server 5.3.1 released http://trafficserver.apache.org/downloads
Did You Know?
- Did you know that 164 Apache Project Management Committees (PMCs) oversee 272 Apache projects?
- Did you know that A1 Telekom Austria uses Apache Isis to rapidly develop domain-driven apps in Java?
- Did you know that we're always looking for Apache success stories that we can share with the community? Send newsworthy metrics/users/datapoints/events of Apache products to <email@example.com>!
Apache Community Notices:
- Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon: Core Europe will be held 28 September - 1 October in Budapest http://apachecon.com/
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Posted at 06:49PM Jul 10, 2015
by Sally in General |