The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 26 June 2015
Here's what the Apache community have been working on over the past week:
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- CFP closes on 1 July for "ApacheCon: Core" 1-2 October 2015 in Budapest http://apachecon.com/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- Uptime over the past week has been a smooth 99.16% http://status.apache.org/
Apache CloudStack™ –Open Source software designed to deploy and manage large networks of virtual machines, as a highly available, highly scalable Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud computing platform.
- Apache CloudStack 4.4.4 released http://cloudstack.apache.org/ downloads.html
Apache Commons™ Configuration –a software library that provides a generic configuration interface which enables an application to read configuration data from a variety of sources.
- Commons Configuration 2.0-beta1 released http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-configuration/download_configuration.cgi
Apache Flink™ –an Open Source platform for scalable batch and stream data processing.
- Apache Flink 0.9.0 released http://flink.apache.org/news/2015/06/24/announcing-apache-flink-0.9.0-release.html
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.3.1 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache mod_perl™ –a unique piece of software that integrates the power of Perl with the flexibility and stability of the Apache Web server.
- Apache mod_perl 2.0.9 released http://apache.org/dist/perl/
Apache Tika™ –a toolkit for detecting and extracting metadata and structured text content from various documents using existing parser libraries.
- Apache Tika 1.9 released http://uima.apache.org/ruta.html
Apache Wicket™ –with proper mark-up/logic separation, a POJO data model, and a refreshing lack of XML, Apache Wicket makes developing Web-apps simple and enjoyable again.
- Apache Wicket 7.0.0-M6 released http://wicket.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that more than 50 Apache project MeetUps will take place over the next 10 days?
- Did you know that Apache BookKeeper is used at Huawei, HubSpot, and Yahoo! Cloud Messaging?
- Did you know that we're always looking for Apache success stories that we can share with the community? Send newsworthy metrics/users/datapoints of Apache products to <email@example.com>!
Apache Community Notices:
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Catch Apache Bigtop, Hadoop, Spark, Geode (Incubating) and Ignite (Incubating) in action at the In-Memory Computing Summit 29-30 June in San Francsico http://imcsummit.org/
- The Chicago Apache Flink MeetUp will be held 30 June http://www.meetup.com/Chicago-Apache-Flink-Meetup/
- MesosCon will be held 20-21 August in Seattle https://mesoscon2015.sched.org/
- Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon: Core Europe will be held 28 September - 1 October in Budapest http://apachecon.com/
- The first Apache Flink Conference, Flink Forward, will be held 12-13 October in Berlin http://flink-forward.org
- CFP open for Lucene/Solr Revolution, to be held 13-16 October in Austin http://www.lucenerevolution.org
- The ASF FY 2014-2015 Annual Report is available at http://s.apache.org/ZVp
# # #