The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 12 June 2015
We've been active across many Apache projects and initiatives over the past week:
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- CFP open for two new Apache events in Europe --"Apache: Big Data" and "ApacheCon: Core"-- 28 September - 2 October 2015 in Budapest http://apachecon.com/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- The system is currently undergoing maintenance, however, uptime over the past week was a brilliant 99.887% http://status.apache.org/
Apache Lucene™ –a high-performance, full-featured text search engine library written entirely in Java.
- Apache Lucene 5.2.0 released http://lucene.apache.org/core/mirrors-core-latest-redir.html
Apache Solr™ –the popular, blazing fast, open source NoSQL search platform from the Apache Lucene project.
- Apache Solr 5.2.0 and Reference Guide for Solr 5.2 released http://lucene.apache.org/solr/mirrors-solr-latest-redir.html
- Apache Subversion 1.9.0-rc2 released http://subversion.apache.org/download/#pre-releases
Apache UIMA™ Ruta –a rule-based script language supported by Eclipse-based tooling.
- Apache UIMA Ruta 2.3.0 released http://uima.apache.org/ruta.html
Did You Know?
- Did you know that more than 16,000 Apache code commits take place each month at the ASF?
- Did you know that HBase users and developers can guest blog at https://blogs.apache.org/hbase to tell their "Why We Use Apache HBase" story?
- Did you know that @PlanetApache now follows the Twitter accounts of Apache project Committers and contributors?
Apache Community Notices:
- New listing of more than 70 Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Reminder: How to Safely Download Apache OpenOffice http://s.apache.org/a1R
- Audio recordings from select tracks from ApacheCon Austin are available at http://feathercast.apache.org/ includes Cloud, Community, httpd, and Apache HTTP Server Founder's panel!
- Presentations from ApacheCon Austin are available online http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/program/slides
- Apache CouchDB is seeking design and editorial assistance in English http://markmail.org/thread/dgvjpwnxie6pji5j
- Submit your proposal for CloudStack Days Seattle (co-located with LinuxCon) by 12 June http://clds.co/18hplxk
- The Karlsruhe DevOps Meetup featuring Apache Mesos and Aurora will be held 16 June http://www.meetup.com/DevOps-Karlsruhe-Meetup/events/222465491/
- The SF Spark and Friends MeetUp featuring Apache Flink will take place in San Francisco on 16 June http://www.meetup.com/SF-Spark-and-Friends/
- The second OFBiz Community Day will take place 20 June https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Community+Days
- Catch Apache Bigtop, Hadoop, Spark, Geode (Incubating) and Ignite (Incubating) in action at the In-Memory Computing Summit 29-30 June in San Francsico http://imcsummit.org/
- The Chicago Apache Flink MeetUp will be held 30 June http://www.meetup.com/Chicago-Apache-Flink-Meetup/
- MesosCon will be held 20-21 August in Seattle https://mesoscon2015.sched.org/
- Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon: Core Europe will be held 28 September - 1 October in Budapest http://apachecon.com/
- The first Apache Flink Conference, Flink Forward, will be held 12-13 October in Berlin http://flink-forward.org
- CFP open for Lucene/Solr Revolution, to be held 13-16 October in Austin http://www.lucenerevolution.org
- The ASF FY 2014-2015 Annual Report is available at http://s.apache.org/ZVp
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
# # #
Posted at 02:44AM Jun 17, 2015 by Sally in General | |