The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 29 May 2015
It's been quite a productive week! Here's what's been going on within the Apache community:
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- Announcing updates to ApacheCon Europe; Introducing Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon: Core, taking place in Budapest 28 September - 2 October 2015 http://www.linuxfoundation.org/news-media/announcements/2015/05/linux-foundation-announces-new-conference-support-collaboration
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- The system is currently undergoing maintenance, however, uptime over the past week was a tip-top 100.000% http://status.apache.org/
ASF Security –a team comprising ASF Members dedicated to helping and advising Apache projects on security issues, as well as co-ordinating the handling of security vulnerabilities.
- CVE-2015-1772: Apache Hive Authentication vulnerability in HiveServer2 http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201505.mbox/%3CCAOpgucy52yzNN1FaRcxwhZmx8ZtNRjmK6V0Bxk4svAD-R1q70Q%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Apache Commons™ Email –an API for sending email built on top of the JavaMail API, which it aims to simplify.
- Apache Commons Email v1.4 released http://commons.apache.org/email/download_email.cgi
Apache OFBiz™ –Open Source product for the automation of enterprise processes that includes framework components and business applications for ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning), CRM (Customer Relationship Management), E-Business / E-Commerce, SCM (Supply Chain Management), MRP (Manufacturing Resource Planning), MMS/EAM (Maintenance Management System/Enterprise Asset Management), and POS (Point Of Sale).
- Apache OFBiz 13.07.02 released http://ofbiz.apache.org/download.html
Apache OpenMeetings™ –video conferencing, instant messaging, white board, collaborative document editing and other groupware tools using API functions of the Red5 Streaming Server for Remoting and Streaming.
- Apache OpenMeetings 3.0.6 released http://openmeetings.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language and Java WebSocket technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 8.0.23 available http://tomcat.apache.org/download-80.cgi
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Apache Whisker assists complex assembled applications maintain correct legal documentation by verifying and generating meta-data documents and distribution?
- Did you know that Facebook used Apache ORC to help scale their data warehouse to 300 PB?
- Did you know that Apache Zest is the first project to become a Top-level Project (TLP) without going through the Apache Incubator?
Apache Community Notices:
- Reminder: How to Safely Download Apache OpenOffice http://s.apache.org/a1R
- Audio recordings from select tracks from ApacheCon Austin are available at http://feathercast.apache.org/ includes Cloud, Community, httpd, and Apache HTTP Server Founder's panel!
- Presentations from ApacheCon Austin are available online http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/program/slides
- Apache CouchDB is seeking design and editorial assistance in English http://markmail.org/thread/dgvjpwnxie6pji5j
- The next Lucene/Solr London User Group meetup will take place 4 June http://www.meetup.com/Apache-Lucene-Solr-London-User-Group/events/222476050/
- Submit your proposal for CloudStack Days Seattle (co-located with LinuxCon) by 12 June http://clds.co/18hplxk
- The Karlsruhe DevOps Meetup featuring Apache Mesos and Aurora will be held 16 June http://www.meetup.com/DevOps-Karlsruhe-Meetup/events/222465491/
- Catch Apache Bigtop, Hadoop, Spark, Geode (Incubating) and Ignite (Incubating) in action at the In-Memory Computing Summit 29-30 June in San Francsico http://imcsummit.org/
- MesosCon will be held 20-21 August in Seattle https://mesoscon2015.sched.org/
- Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon: Core Europe will be held 28 September - 1 October in Budapest http://apachecon.com/
- The first Apache Flink Conference, Flink Forward, will be held 12-13 October in Berlin http://flink-forward.org
- CFP open for Lucene/Solr Revolution, to be held 13-16 October in Austin http://www.lucenerevolution.org
# # #
Posted at 03:09PM May 29, 2015 by Sally in General | |