The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 20 March 2015
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- Special Registration & Hotel Rates for ApacheCon North America close TODAY http://apachecon.com/
- Global uptime across all Apache services is a very happy 99.47% http://status.apache.org/
ASF Community Development –volunteers who help guide newcomers to The Apache Software Foundation, provide insight and advice on The Apache Way of meritocratic development, including how to contribute to Apache projects and to the Open Source community at-large.
- The Apache Software Foundation Accepted as a Google Summer of Code 2015 Mentoring Organization http://s.apache.org/DEi
Apache Camel™ –a powerful open source integration framework based on known Enterprise Integration Patterns. Rules for Camel's routing and mediation engine can be defined in either a Java based DSL, XML or using DSLs for dynamic languages such as Groovy or Scala.
- Apache Camel 2.13.4, 2.14.2, and 2.15.0 released http://camel.apache.org/download.html
Apache DeltaSpike™ –a portable JSR-299 CDI (Contexts and Dependency Injection for Java) Extension library which contains lots of useful tools and helpers which are missing in the CDI core spec. DeltaSpike is not a CDI-container itself, but a portable extension library which can run on all CDI-containers.
- Apache DeltaSpike-1.3.0 released http://deltaspike.apache.org/download.html
Apache Flex™ –the server-based Java remoting and Web messaging technology that enables developers to easily connect to back-end distributed data and push data in real-time to Adobe Flex and Adobe AIR applications for more responsive rich Internet application (RIA) experiences.
- Apache Flex BlazeDS 4.7.0 released http://www.us.apache.org/dist/flex/BlazeDS/4.7.0/
- Apache HttpComponents Core 4.4.1 GA released http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.12 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Jena™ –an open source Java framework for building Semantic Web and Linked Data applications.
- Apache Jena 2.13.0 released http://www.apache.org/dist/jena/source/
Apache JMeter™ –a 100% pure Java application designed to test server applications, generate test loads, measure performance, and test functional behavior.
- Apache JMeter 2.13 released http://jmeter.apache.org/
Apache NiFi (Incubating) –an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to process and distribute data. Made for dataflow, NiFi supports highly configurable directed graphs of data routing, transformation, and system mediation logic.
- Apache NiFi 0.0.2-incubating released http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/
Apache Qpid™ –a cross-platform enterprise messaging solution which implements the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP). It provides brokers written in C++ and Java, along with clients for C++, Java JMS, .Net, Python, Ruby, and Perl.
- Apache Qpid 0.32 released http://qpid.apache.org/download.html
Apache Subversion™ –an Open Source, centralized version control system characterized by its reliability as a safe haven for valuable data; the simplicity of its model and usage; and its ability to support the needs of a wide variety of users and projects, from individuals to large-scale enterprise operations.
- Apache Subversion 1.9.0-beta1 released http://subversion.apache.org/download/#pre-releases
Apache Tomcat™ Standard Taglib –an Open Source software implementation of the JSP Standard Tag Library (JSTL) technology.
- Apache Standard Taglib 1.2.5 released http://tomcat.apache.org/taglibs.html
Did You Know?
Apache Community Notices:
- The next Apache Mesos User Group MeetUp will take place 25 March in London http://www.meetup.com/London-Mesos-User-Group/events/220602962/
- The Women of ASF Luncheon will be held on 14 April at ApacheCon http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/attend/women-asf-luncheon
- CloudStack Days will take place 16 April during ApacheCon (CFP open for all 5 CloudStack Days events: Austin, Budapest, Dublin, Seattle, and Tokyo) http://cloudstack.apache.org/
- Apache Spark Mini-Summit will take place 16 April in tandem with ApacheCon http://s.apache.org/ojh
- HBaseCon, the fourth annual event for the Apache HBase contributor/developer/admin/user community, will take place 7 May in San Francisco http://hbasecon.com/
- The next Berlin Buzzwords conference will feature Apache projects such as Lucene, Spark, Solr and Cassandra and will take place 31 May-3 June in Berlin http://berlinbuzzwords.de
Posted at 08:01PM Mar 20, 2015 by Sally in General | |