The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 6 March 2015
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- Special Registration Rates for ApacheCon North America available through 21 March http://apachecon.com/
- Global uptime across all Apache services is a cracking 99.07% http://status.apache.org/
Apache Archiva™ –an application for managing one or more remote repositories, including administration, artifact handling, browsing and searching.
- Apache Archiva 2.2.0 released http://archiva.apache.org/
Apache Buildr™ –build system for Java-based applications, including support for Scala, Groovy and a growing number of JVM languages and tools.
- Apache Buildr 1.4.22 released http://buildr.apache.org/
Apache Hama™ –a High-Performance BSP computing engine, which can be used to perform compute-intensive general scientific BSP applications, Google's Pregel-like graph applications, and machine learning algorithms.
- Apache Hama now supports Hadoop YARN; in use at Samsung Electronics http://s.apache.org/nBl
Apache Lens (Incubating) –a unified analytics interface that aims to cut the data analytics silos by providing a single view of data across multiple tiered data stores and optimal execution environment for the analytical query.
- Apache Lens 2.0.1-beta-incubating release http://lens.incubator.apache.org/
Apache Lucene™ –a high-performance, full-featured text search engine library written entirely in Java.
- Apache Lucene 4.10.4 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/java/4.10.4
- Apache Olingo 2.0.3 released http://olingo.apache.org/doc/odata2/download.html
Apache POI™ –well-known in the Java field as a library for reading and writing Microsoft Office file formats, such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Publisher and Outlook.
- Apache POI 3.12-beta1 released http://poi.apache.org/download.html
- Apache Solr 4.10.4 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr/4.10.4
Apache Community Notices:
- The next Apache Mesos User Group MeetUp will take place 25 March in London http://www.meetup.com/London-Mesos-User-Group/events/220602962/
- The Women of ASF Luncheon will be held on 14 April at ApacheCon http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/attend/women-asf-luncheon
- CloudStack Days will take place 16 April during ApacheCon (CFP open for all 5 CloudStack Days events: Austin, Budapest, Dublin, Seattle, and Tokyo) http://cloudstack.apache.org/
- Apache Spark Mini-Summit will take place 16 April in tandem with ApacheCon http://s.apache.org/ojh
- HBaseCon, the fourth annual event for the Apache HBase contributor/developer/admin/user community, will take place 7 May in San Francisco http://hbasecon.com/
- The next Berlin Buzzwords conference will feature Apache projects such as Lucene, Spark, Solr and Cassandra and will take place 31 May-3 June in Berlin http://berlinbuzzwords.de
Posted at 04:53PM Mar 06, 2015 by Sally in General | |