The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 27 February 2015
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- The ApacheCon program is now available; Early Bird registration ends 28 February http://apachecon.com/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running 24x7x365.
- Global uptime across all Apache services is a stellar 99.73% http://status.apache.org/
- Notice of server maintenance policy change https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/towards_a_redeployable_future_or
ASF Security –a team comprising ASF Members dedicated to helping and advising Apache projects on security issues, as well as co-ordinating the handling of security vulnerabilities.
- [IMPORTANT] Security Notice: CVE-2015-0254 XXE and RCE via XSL extension in JSTL XML tags http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201502.mbox/%3C82207A16-6348-4DEE-877E-F7B87292576A%40apache.org%3E
Apache Allura™ –Open Source implementation of a software "forge", a web site that manages source code repositories, bug reports, discussions, wiki pages, blogs and more for any number of individual projects.
- Apache Allura 1.2.1 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/allura/allura-1.2.1.tar.gz
Apache Commons™ DBCP –Open Source software library implements database connection pooling.
- Apache Commons DBCP 2.1 released http://commons.apache.org/dbcp/download_dbcp.cgi
Apache HBase™ –Open Source, distributed Big Data store for Apache Hadoop.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache™ HBase™ v1.0 http://s.apache.org/zW
Apache Log4j™ –well known framework for logging application behavior.
- Apache Log4j 2.2 released http://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/
Apache Lucene™ –a high-performance, full-featured text search engine library written entirely in Java.
- Apache Lucene 5.0.0 released http://lucene.apache.org/core/mirrors-core-latest-redir.html
Apache MRQL (Incubating) –query processing and optimization system for large-scale, distributed data analysis, built on top of Apache Hadoop, Hama, Spark, and Flink.
- Apache MRQL 0.9.4-incubating released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/mrql
Apache Openmeetings™ –video conferencing, instant messaging, white board, collaborative document editing and other groupware tools using API functions of the Red5 Streaming Server for Remoting and Streaming.
- Apache Openmeetings 3.0.4 released http://openmeetings.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Parquet (Incubating) –the common definition of Parquet column-oriented file format for Apache Hadoop.
- Apache Parquet Format 2.3.0 (Incubating) released (first release of Parquet Format with org.apache.parquet artifacts and package names) https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/parquet/parquet-format-2.3.0-incubating/
Apache Solr™ –popular, blazing fast, Open Source NoSQL search platform from the Apache Lucene project.
- Apache Solr 5.0.0 and Reference Guide for Solr 5.0 http://lucene.apache.org/solr/mirrors-solr-latest-redir.html
Apache Sqoop™ –a tool designed for efficiently transferring bulk data between Apache Hadoop and structured datastores, such as relational databases.
- Apache Sqoop 1.99.5 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/sqoop/1.99.5
Apache Maven™ –a project development management and comprehension tool.
- Apache Source Release Assembly Descriptor 1.0.5 Released http://maven.apache.org/apache-resource-bundles/
Apache Tomcat™ –Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language and Java WebSocket technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 8.0.20 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-80.cgi
- Apache Tomcat Apache Standard Taglib 1.2.3 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-taglibs.cgi
Apache Community Notices:
- HBaseCon, the fourth annual event for the Apache HBase contributor/developer/admin/user community, will take place 7 May in San Francisco http://hbasecon.com/
- The next Apache Mesos User Group MeetUp will take place 25 March in London http://www.meetup.com/London-Mesos-User-Group/events/220602962/
- The Apache Marmotta community are being proactive and beginning to collect ideas for Google Summer of Code 2015 http://markmail.org/message/4nowycutyx2m2rj3
- The next Berlin Buzzwords conference will feature Apache projects such as Lucene, Spark, Solr and Cassandra and will take place 31 May-3 June in Berlin http://berlinbuzzwords.de
Posted at 03:59PM Feb 27, 2015 by Sally in General | |