The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 23 January 2015
This week's highlights from The Apache Software Foundation's 350+ projects and initiatives include:
ASF Legal Affairs Committee –responsible for establishing and managing legal policies based on the advice of legal counsel and the interests of the Foundation.
- The Apache Software Foundation subpoenaed regarding Patent Claim https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_subpoenaed1
FINAL CALL for ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation
- CFP closes on 1 February http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/program/cfp
- Travel Assistance applications close on 6 February http://www.apache.org/travel/
Apache Bookkeeper™ – distributed logging service called BookKeeper and a distributed publish/subscribe system build on top of BookKeeper called Hedwig.
- Apache BookKeeper 4.2.4 released http://bookkeeper.apache.org/releases.html
Apache Directory™ LDAP client API –an ongoing effort to provide an enhanced LDAP API, as a replacement for JNDI and the existing LDAP API (jLdap and Mozilla LDAP API) – provides the building blocks for both client side validation and server side data validation
- Apache Directory LDAP API 1.0.0-M28 released http://directory.apache.org/api/downloads.html
Apache Falcon™ –data processing and management solution for Apache Hadoop™, designed for data motion, coordination of data pipelines, lifecycle management, and data discovery.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache Falcon as a Top-Level Project http://s.apache.org/GT2
Apache Flink™ –a system for distributed batch and real-time streaming data analysis that offers familiar collection-based programming APIs in Java and Scala
- Apache Flink 0.8.0 released http://flink.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache HttpComponents™ Client for Android –can be deployed on Google Android in parallel to the outdated version shipped with platform while remaining partially API compatible with Apache HttpClient 4.3.
- HttpComponents Client for Android 126.96.36.199 released http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi
Apache Tomcat™ –Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language and Java WebSocket technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 8.0.17 available http://tomcat.apache.org/download-80.cgi
Apache Traffic Server™ –fast, scalable and extensible HTTP/1.1 compliant caching proxy server; can be used as a reverse, forward or even transparent HTTP proxy.
- Apache Traffic Server 5.2.0 released http://trafficserver.apache.org/downloads
Apache Incbuator™ –the entry path into The Apache Software Foundation (ASF) for projects and codebases wishing to become part of the Foundation's efforts. All code donations from external organisations and existing external projects wishing to join Apache enter through the Incubator.
- OpenAz and TinkerPop accepted as new podlings this month http://incubator.apache.org/projects/index.html
Are your software solutions Powered by Apache?
- Download & use our "Powered By" logos today! http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news at email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community,https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of both Project activities and the personal blogs of select ASF Committers.
# # #
Posted at 03:56PM Jan 23, 2015 by Sally in General | |