The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 16 January 2015
Our 4,000+ Committers have been busily working on a variety of projects this week. Here are the highlights:
Not A Mirage: The Apache Software Foundation's official number of projects and initiatives "grows overnight" with census adjustment
Upcoming deadlines for ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation
- Call for Papers closes on 1 February http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/program/cfp
- Apache Travel Assistance applications close on 6 February http://www.apache.org/travel/
Apache Commons Validator™ – provides the building blocks for both client side validation and server side data validation. It may be used standalone or with a framework like Struts.
- Apache Commons Validator 1.4.1 released http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-validator/download_validator.cgi
Apache Curator™ –Java libraries that make using Apache ZooKeeper much easier and more reliable.
- Apache Curator 2.7.1 released https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314425&version=12328938
Apache Flink™ –Open Source distributed Big Data system for expressive, declarative, and efficient batch and streaming data processing and analysis
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache™ Flink™ as a Top-Level Project http://s.apache.org/YrZ
Apache Jackrabbit™ –scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.1.4 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Knox™ –a REST API Gateway for providing secure access to the data and processing resources of Hadoop clusters.
- Apache Knox Gateway 0.5.1 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/knox/0.5.1
Apache Qpid™ –implements the latest AMQP specification, the first open standard for enterprise messaging, and provides transaction management, queuing, distribution, security, management, clustering, federation and heterogeneous multi-platform support and a lot more.
- CVE-2015-0203: Apache Qpid's qpidd can be crashed by authenticated user http://s.apache.org/PCe
Apache Tika™ –an ASFv2 licensed open source tool for extracting information from digital documents.
- Apache Tika 1.7 released http://www.apache.org/dist/tika/CHANGES-1.7.txt
Apache Incbuator™ –the entry path into The Apache Software Foundation (ASF) for projects and codebases wishing to become part of the Foundation's efforts. All code donations from external organisations and existing external projects wishing to join Apache enter through the Incubator.
- Corinthia and Zeppelin are accepted as new podlings in December http://incubator.apache.org/projects/index.html
Are your software solutions Powered by Apache?
- Download & use our "Powered By" logos today! http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community,https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of both Project activities and the personal blogs of select ASF Committers.
# # #
Posted at 07:16PM Jan 16, 2015 by Sally in General | |