The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 26 December 2014
The Apache Software Foundation's 200+ projects and initiatives and community of more than 4,000 contributors wish you a very happy and healthy 2015! Here's what we've been working on over the past week:
Apache Commons™ –software library provides a generic configuration interface which enables an application to read configuration data from a variety of sources.
- Commons Configuration 2.0-alpha2 Released http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/configuration/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
Apache DeltaSpike™ –not a CDI-container, but a portable CDI extension.
Apache DeltaSpike 1.2.1 released http://s.apache.org/DeltaSpike_1.2.1
Apache Ivy™ –a tool for managing (recording, tracking, resolving and reporting) project dependencies, characterized by flexibility, configurability, and tight integration with Apache Ant.
- Apache Ivy 2.4.0 released http://ant.apache.org/ivy/download.cgi
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.9 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache POI™ –Java APIs for manipulating various file formats based upon the Office Open XML standards (OOXML) and Microsoft's OLE 2 Compound Document format (OLE2), such as Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Word.
- Apache POI 3.11 released http://poi.apache.org/
ASF Operations –behind the scenes of the day-to-day functions at The Apache Software Foundation
- The ASF publishes long-overdue New Code of Conduct http://s.apache.org/dGR
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation
- Call for Papers open until 1 February http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/program/cfp
- Become involved with the program selection process --check out http://s.apache.org/60N
- Applications accepted for Apache Travel Assistance through 6 February http://www.apache.org/travel/
- Sign up to receive ApacheCon updates and announcements http://www.apache.org/foundation/mailinglists.html#foundation-apachecon
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news at email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community,https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of both Project activities and the personal blogs of select ASF Committers.
# # #
Posted at 04:37PM Dec 26, 2014 by Sally in General | |