The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 30 December 2016
It's a wrap! The Apache community's final activities of 2016 include:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 18 January 2017. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield "three nines" performance at 99.92% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- CFP OPEN: Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon North America 16-18 May 2017/Miami http://apachecon.com/
- Session recordings are being processed and posted at Feathercast http://feathercast.org
Apache Commons™ Compress –library that defines a Java API for working with ar, cpio, tar, zip, 7z, arj, dump, gzip, pack200, bzip2, lzma, snappy, Z, xz and deflate files.
- Apache Commons Compress 1.13 released http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-compress/download_compress.cgi
Apache HttpComponents™ –a set of HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/2 transport components that can be used to build custom client and server side HTTP services with a minimal footprint.
- Apache HttpComponents Core 5.0 alpha2 released http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi
Apache Knox™ –a REST API Gateway for providing secure access to the data and processing resources of Hadoop clusters.
- Apache Knox 0.11.0 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/knox/0.11.0
Apache log4net™ –a tool to help the programmer output log statements to a variety of output targets.
- Apache log4net 2.0.6 released https://logging.apache.org/log4net/download_log4net.cgi
Apache NiFi™ –an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to process and distribute data.
- Apache NiFi 1.1.1 released https://nifi.apache.org/download.html
Apache Streams (incubating) –unifies a diverse world of digital profiles and online activities into common formats and vocabularies, and makes these datasets accessible across a variety of databases, devices, and platforms for streaming, browsing, search, sharing, and analytics use-cases.
- Apache Streams 0.4.1-incubating released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/streams/releases/0.4.1-incubating/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the top 5 Committers in 2016 were Mark Thomas (3,032 commits), Claus Ibsen (2,890 commits), Gary Gregor (2,004 commits), Colm Ó hÉigeartaigh (1,900 commits), and Jean-Baptiste Onofré (1,825 commits)? http://community.apache.org/committers/
- Did you know that Apache CloudStack powers large-scale Clouds with tens of thousands of nodes in production? http://cloudstack.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- "Success at Apache" is a new monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". First article: Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V
- Feedback from The Apache Software Foundation on the Free and Open Source Security Audit (FOSSA) https://s.apache.org/romf
- ASF Operations Summary - Q2 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/oTOF
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, Zest, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- ApacheCon North America and Apache:BigData will be held 16-18 May 2017 in Miami http://apachecon.com/
# # #
Posted at 01:31PM Dec 30, 2016 by Sally in General | |