The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 23 December 2016
Happy holidays! The Apache community has worked hard this week on:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 18 January 2017. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield steady performance at 99.23% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- CFP OPEN: Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon North America 16-18 May 2017/Miami http://apachecon.com/
- Session recordings are being processed and posted at Feathercast http://feathercast.org
Apache Allura™ –an Open Source implementation of a software forge, a Web site that manages source code repositories, bug reports, discussions, wiki pages, blogs, and more for any number of individual projects.
- Apache Allura 1.6.0 released https://allura.apache.org/
Apache Apex™ –an enterprise grade Big Data-in-motion platform that unifies stream and batch processing.
- Apache Apex Core 3.5.0 released http://apex.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Edgent (incubating) –a stream processing programming model and lightweight micro-kernel style runtime to execute analytics at devices on the edge or at the gateway.
- Apache Edgent 1.0.0-incubating released https://edgent.apache.org/docs/downloads.html
Apache Fineract (incubating) –an Open Source system for core banking as a platform.
- Apache Fineract 0.5.0-incubating released https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/fineract/0.5.0-incubating/
Apache HTTP Server™ –the world's most popular Web server.
- Apache HTTP Server 2.4.25 released http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.13.6 and 2.13.7, and Jackrabbit Oak 1.5.16 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Kafka™ –a distributed, fault tolerant, publish-subscribe messaging.
- Apache Kafka 0.10.1.1 released https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.10.1.1/kafka-0.10.1.1-src.tgz
Apache Struts™ –an elegant, extensible framework for creating enterprise-ready Java Web applications.
- Apache Struts 2.5.8 GA released http://struts.apache.org/download.html#struts-ga
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the top 5 Committers this week were Stefan Bodewig (83 commits), Claus Ibsen (77 commits), Philippe Mouawad (73 commits), Sterling Hughes (51 commits), and Colm Ó hÉigeartaigh (49 commits)? http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#roles
- Did you know that Apache NetBeans (incubating) began as a student project and has an active community of more than 1.5M users? http://incubator.apache.org/projects/netbeans.html
Apache Community Notices:
- Introducing "Success at Apache" –a new monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". First article: Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V
- Feedback from The Apache Software Foundation on the Free and Open Source Security Audit (FOSSA) https://s.apache.org/romf
- ASF Operations Summary - Q2 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/oTOF
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, Zest, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- ApacheCon North America and Apache:BigData will be held 16-18 May 2017 in Miami http://apachecon.com/
# # #
Posted at 02:49PM Dec 23, 2016 by Sally Khudairi in General | |